Old 01-06-2018, 03:29 AM   #111

Default SC Ram Promaster order hiccup

Wednesday Mary and I drove down to Wickenburg to order our 2018 Ram Promaster. The SC "recipe" was working well until we got to the fixed glass in the sliding door. Salesguy Sean- "Not an available option." Me- "It was on the Ram website yesterday." Hours later we're camped off Vulture Mine Road and get at text from Sean. Ram is switching glass vendors. Fixed glass is on hold until they do. Hoping Safari Condo can add the sliding door glass at their factory. Waiting on that answer. Being enlightened Canadians, they're all off until January 8.

ToniK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 02:15 PM   #112
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToniK View Post
Wednesday Mary and I drove down to Wickenburg to order our 2018 Ram Promaster. The SC "recipe" was working well until we got to the fixed glass in the sliding door. Salesguy Sean- "Not an available option." Me- "It was on the Ram website yesterday." Hours later we're camped off Vulture Mine Road and get at text from Sean. Ram is switching glass vendors. Fixed glass is on hold until they do. Hoping Safari Condo can add the sliding door glass at their factory. Waiting on that answer. Being enlightened Canadians, they're all off until January 8.
Maybe they can add a double pane acrylic window instead. They do a much better job at insulation and you can open them up for some cross breeze with the on on the other side.

nebulight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 03:01 AM   #113

Intriguing idea. Thanks!
ToniK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 02:20 PM   #114
Bronze Member

Default Where is isolator

I could ask Safari Condo, but does anybody know where the isolator (van battery vs house batteries) is located in the ProMaster, and what type?
michaelingp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 04:01 PM   #115
Platinum Member

The isolator would be a SC add-on. The PM itself doesn't come with one.

I have a self-build on the 136" PM. Similarities to the SC, except mine is even more open. It is indeed a joy.
MsNomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 06:10 PM   #116
Bronze Member

Default Insurance for a U.S. Safari Condo

Our insurance company (GEICO) has cancelled our insurance policy for the Safari Condo. In their words ďitís a conversion van and they donít insure themĒ. So, iíd like to hear who the other U.S. Safari Condo owners are using for insurance and how has the cost and experience been.
michaelingp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 06:32 PM   #117
Platinum Member

There are several options. My DIY van is insured with a fixed value policy (might be called something different). You tell them what it is, how it's used and the amount you want it insured for and they write up the policy.

And it's MUCH better to do it this way than you were doing it. If the van was insured as just a van, they would not have covered the conversion contents (stolen or wrecked, they'd probably cut you a check for the value of a promaster of whatever year you have).
nebulight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 06:36 PM   #118
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelingp View Post
Our insurance company (GEICO) has cancelled our insurance policy for the Safari Condo. In their words ďitís a conversion van and they donít insure themĒ. So, iíd like to hear who the other U.S. Safari Condo owners are using for insurance and how has the cost and experience been.
Maybe it's just wording. Stay away from conversion van (which implies DIY) and go with RV. Because really, Safari Condos are RVs. Especially since it's "certified" by the Canadian RV Association (link).
Old 04-10-2018, 11:01 PM   #119
Bronze Member

I insured my Safari Condo Promaster MC with Foremost insurance.
35603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 12:00 AM   #120
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelingp View Post

Inform them that it is an RV. They insure RVs.
https://www.geico.com/information/aboutinsurance/rv/

- - Mike
2012 Sprinter 3500 Extended converted B-Van by Airstream