Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-30-2018, 04:54 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Safari Condo XL Flex Sprinter 4x4 - Rentals

Durango RV Rentals in Colorado is now renting the Safari Condo XL Flex model on the Mercedes Sprinter 170wb 4x4 chassis:
https://durangorvrentals.com/class-b-sprinter-vans/
To the best of my knowledge this is the only source in the US to rent the unique XL Flex model with adjustable height bed and flexible rear storage for gear and bikes. Passenger seating for four and the Sprinter 4x4 chassis makes it even more versatile.
https://safaricondo.com/en/motorises...-xl22-xl-flex/
Wish Safari Condo had a US dealer for these units. But having rentals available at least allows trying the XL Flex configuration before attempting the complex US/Canada buying process.
rockymtnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 03:46 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Very encouraging to see this rental venture in the US. The next step would be to convince Safari Condo to buy US vans and offer the conversions to the US market. They will concentrate on the production at their new Alto trailer plant and maybe the campervans will be next.

GeorgeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 03:12 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeB View Post
Very encouraging to see this rental venture in the US. The next step would be to convince Safari Condo to buy US vans and offer the conversions to the US market.
George - perhaps you could leverage your early-adopter / XL-Flex ambassador extraordinaire status to encourage Safari Condo to directly purchase and convert US certified Sprinter and Promaster vans.

Even without a US dealer network that would allow prospective US customers to efficiently purchase a finished XL-Flex unit.

BTW - kudos on your excellent Kampervan Flipboard site!
rockymtnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 07:56 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockymtnb View Post
George - perhaps you could leverage your early-adopter / XL-Flex ambassador extraordinaire status to encourage Safari Condo to directly purchase and convert US certified Sprinter and Promaster vans.

Even without a US dealer network that would allow prospective US customers to efficiently purchase a finished XL-Flex unit.

BTW - kudos on your excellent Kampervan Flipboard site!
Thanks!

Yes, I talked about that option last time I saw the new CEO of Safari Condo. She was considering developing that US market but they first need to address their existing Canadian market and that means ramping up production for their class B's. They still have more than a year lead time for the purchase of a converted van. They are also very interested in developing their Alto trailer market which is easier to manage and to export.
GeorgeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 10:42 PM   #5

I agree - it's great that the option exists to rent these vans in the US. If I remember right, you can also rent them at a place in Quebec.

I'll probably wind up deciding between a Travato or a XL Flex when the time finally comes to buy our own Class B. It will also be interesting to see how quickly they adapt to the new (gas-powered) Sprinter.

Tom
mutcth is offline   Reply With Quote