Old 08-25-2015, 01:33 PM   #1

Default Searching Class B with independant toilet/shower

New to class B, searching fairly recent Class B models from popular brands with shower independant from the toilet. By the way , how anyone can get accostumed at wiping/cleaning its shower everytime on a class B combining shower/toilet?
In my preliminary search only the following models have independant shower from the toilet: Leisure travel all models except free spirit. Winn ERa: 70c only, Pleasure way all models.

laserman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 02:48 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Here are the facts, IMO. A Class B van is too narrow to design a separate shower and bath without some kind of design across the back end (so far) because of the narrowness and the wheel wells in the way. A van has a little over 100 sq. ft. of living space. A dry bath will take up 25-30% of that space and a wet bath will take up about 10%. That is a huge trade off of lost space for other things that may be deemed mostly necessary much more than a 5 minute shower when you could have a decent shower curtain system to keep your wet bath dry. My wet bath is 25" x 40". I can throw my elbows out easier than in those 24" square dry bath shower stalls.

Pleasure-way has no Class B van models with dry baths. Leisure Travel Vans have suspended production of the Free Spirit SS. You have the Winnebago ERA 70C and this model:

Coach House Arriva

I like the design of the Arriva but I have never seen one. Also, they provide what I term "old school" amenities in appliances, capacities and energy systems, meaning it is meant for full hookup campsites to function as intended. A shower for instance takes a lot of water and waste tanks fill quickly. Otherwise you are limited to fast "Navy showers" where you wet, soap and rinse with the shower turned off between the three operations. This means you have to tether to hookup facilities to justify the luxury if you think you want to shower as you do at home. Also, a Shurflow water pump does not give you an equivalent water pressure compared to being hooked up to city water.

2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 03:02 PM   #3

Smile Thank you

Thanks for your very valuable reply. I guess, most users would stop by at an hotel/motel if they seek same as at home shower. Makes sense.
Old 08-25-2015, 03:07 PM   #4

Smile Additional question

Does most Class C,s have shower curtain system protecting the rest of the toilet area from becoming wet? If not what brands/models do have?
Old 08-25-2015, 06:26 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Over on that "other" board, Mike W has mentioned that he joined Anytime Fitness. They have gyms all over the place (not in my town, though), and they just stop in there to use the showers when they want a good long hot one.

Not a bad plan.

In mine, the toilet gets wet. That's the way it is. I turn my vent fan to blow in, leave the doors open for half an hour or so, and things are pretty dry. Once a week the whole shower/toilet gets a Windex Washdown.
Old 08-25-2015, 06:30 PM   #6

Smile Great idea, thanks

Great idea, thanks. This is a nice way to consider. Or, go to a motel/hotel once every two nights
Old 08-25-2015, 06:35 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserman View Post
Great idea, thanks. This is a nice way to consider. Or, go to a motel/hotel once every two nights
Do you have an aversion to campground showers?
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 06:59 PM   #8

No, not really.That could also be an alternative. More or less costly ??!! What do usually Class B owners do ? Maybe we are making something more an issue than we really should
Old 08-25-2015, 07:23 PM   #9
Platinum Member

We have a shower, which is an aisle shower in our Roadtrek, and don't normally find any need to use it. We are campground shower users, as that is where we usually stay, and sponge cleanings get us by other times without issue. We find the campgrounds much more pleasant than hotels, and we have our own bed and food, which we much prefer. There is a full range of campgrounds from very inexpensive, no water, no electric, no shower, maybe outhouse ones, to full service everything campgrounds. We select what type based on what we need at the time, be it shower, power, laundry, etc.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 08:44 PM   #10

Yes, it starts to make sense to us. Campgrounds might be the solution