Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-21-2020, 03:24 AM   #21
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
I'm taking care of the bed length question in another way. I had my annual physical monday and I lost another 1/2" in height. That's now 2" since 18 years of age.
Quote:
Originally Posted by W9TR View Post
Thanks for posting the video links. They were very helpful. I used to be 5' 10". I'm shrinking. This growing old stuff is not for sissies!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowiebowie View Post
So true.
Not me, I grew 1 inch with age. You can dial a good number with a neurosurgeon, just those stupid TSA machines are slowing me down.
GeorgeRa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 11:57 AM   #22
Platinum Member

Found this on YouTube...from the Thor marketing team for the Sequence 20K. At least it is an 'original' floorplan whereas all the other Thor B vans have been direct copies from Winnebago Travato K and the Hymer Aktiv (Tellaro 20AT).

Old 01-22-2020, 02:09 PM   #23
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisefx View Post
Found this on YouTube...from the Thor marketing team for the Sequence 20K. At least it is an 'original' floorplan whereas all the other Thor B vans have been direct copies from Winnebago Travato K and the Hymer Aktiv (Tellaro 20AT).

Thanks for posting this video. It gives me a little more insight into the 20K floor plan.

Interesting that they are calling the touchscreen control the ‘BM Pro System’. I have heard it called Rapid Camp+ and I think it is based on the Firefly but i’m not sure.

Tom
W9TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 12:04 PM   #24
Platinum Member

OPs, just for your comparison purposes, here is an older model with a similar floor plan to the one you like, and the listing has good photographs. Airstream also made another model with a dinette feature on one side, in place of one of those jack-knife couches. (Moderator note - this is not my vehicle, I'm not advertising, and I get no kickbacks from this - it's a friend's posting.)

https://knoxville.craigslist.org/rvs...057799221.html
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 01:08 PM   #25
Platinum Member

In all those mid-bed designs it becomes an either or situation--bed or staying up. It could be ideal for a single traveler as Sue Valentine explains in great detail with the videos I posted but I think kind of inconvenient for partners. I have wondered where with all those options she said she left her bed made up most of the time.

I looked at the Airstream when first looking at Class B vans 15 years ago and wondered how with a bed made up (down) you got around. I rejected that idea and I guess most did as it dropped out of popularity. The Sequence design makes a lot more sense in being opposite the sliding door to give a sense of spaciousness.

There is a lot of emphasis too of entertaining inside by the manufacturers to the extent you give up space for better functions. That's the flower in the vase and bowl of fruit appeal. We have never entertained inside our van and given my 90% rule of use I would not consider providing for the event. If the weather is nice, go outside. Even in the rain a picnic shelter is better.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 02:24 PM   #26
Platinum Member

We’ve got nearly 125,000 miles on our PM. Clearance is not an issue even on Forest Service roads.

Build Site: msnomersvan.wordpress.com
Travel Site: woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com
MsNomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 07:17 PM   #27
Platinum Member

Reavydd’s comment, the beauty of the old jack-knife couches is that one can be up and the other down, and there’s enough room to walk past.

My husband is NOT a morning person, and I am. I know this well from years of experience.
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 07:28 PM   #28
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InterBlog View Post
Reavydd’s comment, the beauty of the old jack-knife couches is that one can be up and the other down, and there’s enough room to walk past.

My husband is NOT a morning person, and I am. I know this well from years of experience.
I'll bet he does too.

Could not help it. Enjoy your posts.

Bud
Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 02:09 PM   #29

Default With regard to Losing height while aging to fit into beds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
I'm taking care of the bed length question in another way. I had my annual physical monday and I lost another 1/2" in height. That's now 2" since 18 years of age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W9TR View Post
Thanks for posting the video links. They were very helpful. I used to be 5' 10". I'm shrinking. This growing old stuff is not for sissies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowiebowie View Post
So true.
Not me, I grew 1 inch with age. You can dial a good number with a neurosurgeon, just those stupid TSA machines are slowing me down.

You may wish to read “ Vitamin K2 And The Calcium Paradox
How a Little-Known Vitamin Could Save Your Life”
by Kate Rheaume-Bleue.

Our daughter purchased ithis book for us when we got osteopenia and osteoporosis respectively. The key is that the US population has shifted from a grass fed meat and dairy production system to a corn fed meat and dairy production system over the last 70 years. Animals can make vitamin K2 from the K1 present in grass. They cannot make K2 from corn since there is no K1 in corn. K1 drives calcium deposition. K2 drives a natural system the body has that moves calcium from where it should not be deposited (such as the arteries, breasts and rear) to where it should be deposited (the bones and the teeth). About two years after we switched to a grass fed food diet, my dentist asked me what I had been doing to make my teeth so much better. I mentioned the book and he said, oh we dentists have known that for years. - Why he did not tell us? Who knows. Anyway, it does work but oh so slowly. It is after all a natural process and not a miracle drug. Organic food is supposed to be grass fed 100 days a year. So it could be not grass fed 265 days a year. Double check her references at the National Institute of Health electronic library, PubMed. Truisms to add, “Trust but Verify” and “Your Mileage May Vary.”

A Japanese study found that supplemental K2 increased bone density by less then 10% but decreased fractures from falls by around 60% so the bit about moving calcium to where it should be may be more complicated then some think.

Walk in His Peace,
Scribe With a Stylus
Scribe with a Stylus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 04:10 PM   #30
Platinum Member

Thanks Scribe. I'll look into it.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 05:31 PM   #31
Platinum Member

It is said that golfer, Jack Nicklaus, lost 3" in height. He just turned 80. I was a marshal at the 1962 Speedway PGA tournament and guarded Nicklaus one round. I was 2" taller then at 5'-9-1/2" and Nicklaus in his Wikipedia bio is listed at 5'-10". I know he had to be over 6' then. The Golden Bear was a bear of a man then too. He has lost a lot of weight over the years.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 03:55 PM   #32

I'm 5'10" and I sleep great in our K.
mtbkr1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 06:01 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbkr1030 View Post
I'm 5'10" and I sleep great in our K.
Can you take a pic with the bed made up?
From the bathroom to the front?
Also, with one side made into a chaise lounge?
I think we prefer the K to the L or travato, but my DW needs a visual!
Excelwpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 10:14 PM   #34
Bronze Member

The only real differences in your list of pros/cons are these 3:

"The open area as you enter the van. It would be nice to hangout with friends."

The L twin beds offer a larger seating area for visits, with up to 3 people on each couch, plus the swivel front seats for 2 more.

"The larger galley with decent counter top area - we like to cook."

"The larger refrigerator."

Betcha the fridge is the same size...the counters do provide more space in the K

I'm a big fan of the Travato K and the Sequence L because they have the same basic floorplan as my DIY Promaster that I built way back in 2014!

(get the Sequence L! price is great! extra features over the Travato make it a no brainer...IMHO)
Old 01-26-2020, 11:29 PM   #35

Default K Model bed pics

Here's a few pics from my K Model. I'm 5'10" tall
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2103.jpg (93.8 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2104.jpg (93.5 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2105.jpg (97.0 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2107.jpg (90.4 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2106.jpg (78.0 KB, 35 views)
mtbkr1030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 11:47 PM   #36
Bronze Member

EDIT: I want to correct... looking a a few more pics, the fridge is bigger in the K, and in a better spot!

ADD: Comparing the Travato to the Sequence, the difference in windows is significant... the Sequence has a much more open feel!

And, I'd still recommend the Sequence L
Old 01-27-2020, 12:47 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbkr1030 View Post
Here's a few pics from my K Model. I'm 5'10" tall

That’s great!

Do you have a pic With the bed out completely?
Excelwpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 06:29 AM   #38
Silver Member

I was at the Atlanta RV show this past weekend. There was a Thor Sequence 20L there, as well as both Travato models, a Boldt 70 KL, a Pleasureway Lexor TS, a new Ontour 2.2, and a Coachmen Beyond 22C, amongst others. The Sequence 20L was quite similar to the Travato 59K, as expected. It shares the same bed design, meaning the beds are okay as beds, and miserable as couches. Very poor back support, and your feet won't touch the floor unless you have a 38 inch inseam, maybe. The interior was very attractive, and seemed to be about as well built as the Travato. The sliding bathroom doors were much nicer on the Sequence, and worked much better than the doors on the Travato. The Boldt was a bit longer, with more storage and a bigger rear bath, and seemed better built, as it should for $200K, a truly ridiculous price! The layout was kind of weird, and the beds still too elevated to make comfortable couches. I wasn't impressed. The Travato 59 G has the dedicated front lounge, but with the verticle backrest it's extremely uncomfortable, and the chair over the water tank isn't much better.

The PleasureWay models were both extremely comfortable as lounges, as well as beds. The Beyond was less so, even with a similar layout, due to less and harder padding. Coachmen also makes a Travato clone on the Transit, but it wasn't there so I can't comment on it's comfort.

The Sequence K does have an interesting layout. It's like a larger Carado Axion. Unfortunately, without a 20 K there, I can't evaluate the comfort of the sofa or the bed, but it does appear to offer a nice conversation pit. The refrigerator appears to be the same compressor 5.5 cubic foot model as in the Ontour 2.2. There is a small freezer on the top, It's okay, but the separate freezer units on the Travato G, the Beyond C and D, and the Paseo are bigger and more useful. IMO. Let's face it: all B's are full of compromises. So far, I'm leaning toward the OnTour 2.2, especially with the upgrades due on the '21 model, but The Sequence 20 K could be in the running if it's comfortable, as it's quite a bit cheaper. We shall see.
mtmdatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 12:44 PM   #39
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmdatlanta View Post
The Sequence 20L was quite similar to the Travato 59K, as expected. It shares the same bed design, meaning the beds are okay as beds, and miserable as couches. Very poor back support, and your feet won't touch the floor unless you have a 38 inch inseam, maybe.
FWIW, I measured the Sequence L and Travato K when were were at the Tampa show. Sequence was 24" cushion to floor while Travato was 26". I agree that they are both miserable as couches, but the Sequence was perhaps a bit less miserable.

Our surprise favorite from that show was the Tellaro AT pop-top. Even if you don't use the bed the pop-top really opens up the front lounge open feeling. But (perhaps as a result) that wet bath was *really* short.
Old 01-27-2020, 07:04 PM   #40
Platinum Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmdatlanta View Post
I was at the Atlanta RV show this past weekend. There was a Thor Sequence 20L there, as well as both Travato models, a Boldt 70 KL, a Pleasureway Lexor TS, a new Ontour 2.2, and a Coachmen Beyond 22C, amongst others. The Sequence 20L was quite similar to the Travato 59K, as expected. It shares the same bed design, meaning the beds are okay as beds, and miserable as couches. Very poor back support, and your feet won't touch the floor unless you have a 38 inch inseam, maybe. The interior was very attractive, and seemed to be about as well built as the Travato. The sliding bathroom doors were much nicer on the Sequence, and worked much better than the doors on the Travato. The Boldt was a bit longer, with more storage and a bigger rear bath, and seemed better built, as it should for $200K, a truly ridiculous price! The layout was kind of weird, and the beds still too elevated to make comfortable couches. I wasn't impressed. The Travato 59 G has the dedicated front lounge, but with the verticle backrest it's extremely uncomfortable, and the chair over the water tank isn't much better.

The PleasureWay models were both extremely comfortable as lounges, as well as beds. The Beyond was less so, even with a similar layout, due to less and harder padding. Coachmen also makes a Travato clone on the Transit, but it wasn't there so I can't comment on it's comfort.

The Sequence K does have an interesting layout. It's like a larger Carado Axion. Unfortunately, without a 20 K there, I can't evaluate the comfort of the sofa or the bed, but it does appear to offer a nice conversation pit. The refrigerator appears to be the same compressor 5.5 cubic foot model as in the Ontour 2.2. There is a small freezer on the top, It's okay, but the separate freezer units on the Travato G, the Beyond C and D, and the Paseo are bigger and more useful. IMO. Let's face it: all B's are full of compromises. So far, I'm leaning toward the OnTour 2.2, especially with the upgrades due on the '21 model, but The Sequence 20 K could be in the running if it's comfortable, as it's quite a bit cheaper. We shall see.
Thanks for traveling all that way to review the Atlanta RV Show.

Seriously, your info is much appreciated. Exciting times with many options.

We are going to Houston RV show in two weeks. Not sure how will stack up to other shows as this is our first time. The show will have dealers. I'm hoping for a few factory reps to attend. Will report back if we learn anything new.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote