Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-02-2018, 07:49 PM   #441
Platinum Member

Default Radiant heat is quiet... BUT....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeRa View Post
Your Camper Van most likely came with Alde. Alde is the first LPG powered hydronic heating system for space and water as far as I know, it is good system but it was going through some growing pains in NA. I would suggest to study the system and keep its maintenance right. Because it is so new you will find just a few RV shops with reasonable understanding of this hydronic system.

Space heating will likely be much better than NA LPG furnaces which tend to be very loud. I don’t know if you have passive radiators or powered heat liquid > air heat exchanger blowers, passive radiators are deadly quiet but powered blowers are still quieter than vanilla LPG furnaces.

https://www.alde.us/why-choose-alde/...system-unique/

Good luck and enjoy.
I agree that the hydronic heat system is nice.... much quieter than the standard heater.... however, it's a very expensive system it fails....

As for the rest of the coach.....I've been inside the Carrado and Axion.... finished details are not as nice with bathroom door..one of these had a flexible curtain door..... not great...

Just my opinion... sorry...
Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 07:51 PM   #442
Bronze Member

I was referring to the GU, lithium batteries, EchoTrek system, Alde heater... Aren't these component the same or of similar specs to a Roadtrek?
jradwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 07:53 PM   #443
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumkin View Post
The twin bed arrangement is not available in the Avion. For that, you need to go with the Carado Banff, which is 19'7" rather than the 17'9."

It also has an extremely small galley, though the bathroom is the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadtrek Adventuous RS1 View Post
I agree that the hydronic heat system is nice.... much quieter than the standard heater.... however, it's a very expensive system it fails....

As for the rest of the coach.....I've been inside the Carrado and Axion.... finished details are not as nice with bathroom door..one of these had a flexible curtain door..... not great...

Just my opinion... sorry...
I agree the shower screen door or the finished cabinetry is not top notch but for the price it's still a bargain!
Old 12-02-2018, 09:10 PM   #444
Platinum Member

Default Let me share with you this famous quote.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jradwan View Post
I agree the shower screen door or the finished cabinetry is not top notch but for the price it's still a bargain!

Benjamin Franklin: The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten. “

I don't know..... maybe it's a good deal for some people...... I didn't want to purchase a brand new coach....can you say depreciation, depreciation, depreciation?

That's why I purchased a used RV.... more value in my opinion... others will disagree.. that's OK.

You should also know that the aisle in the Axion is 18 inches wide..... that's really small.....I thought that my 28 inch aisle was small... And there's 30 inches in the Roadtrek 210... It's little details like this that makes a difference.....

As a counterpoint to this... yeah I had to infiuse a lot of money to get my coach exactly where I wanted it.....at least the cabinets are made of solid cherry...and the chassis Mercedes Benz Sprinter is very solid...... dual wheels and tires ...all about choices ...

I'm still not sure if I made the right decision on the diesel?? ������

One thing though...I've never been a fan of Dodge products...

BUT... there's a lot of difference between a Roadtrek RS Adventurous and a Carrado... that's all I'm saying.....

On the other hand...it's less expensive....and your risk is probably smaller with the lower priced unit......

I've seen them both at the RV shows side by side.....I'm sure you know what I mean?
For those who have NOT seen them in person...I suggest that you do.
Old 12-02-2018, 09:56 PM   #445
Platinum Member

Lots of us on here have lamented for a long time about the lack of lower cost, entry level, type class b RVs. There are now getting to be lots of different options in that category, which is nothing but good.

This thread is about one one those options, and it is obvious from the length and depth of the discussion that there is a lot of interest in them, for a lot of good reasons.

This is NOT the place to be telling the people who are interested that they shouldn't be thinking about them because XXXX van is better, higher quality, more expensive, whatever, IMO, and imply that people are not making a wise choice. That would be if someone actually was considering the other van and wanted a comparison.

I would suggest that whenever the urge to go on about how great your van is compared to others, just sit back and compare your van to a high end ARV or a Prevost A to put it all in perspective.
booster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 10:02 PM   #446
Platinum Member

Default Yeah... I did put this in perspective...read this sentence again

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
Lots of us on here have lamented for a long time about the lack of lower cost, entry level, type class b RVs. There are now getting to be lots of different options in that category, which is nothing but good.

This thread is about one one those options, and it is obvious from the length and depth of the discussion that there is a lot of interest in them, for a lot of good reasons.

This is NOT the place to be telling the people who are interested that they shouldn't be thinking about them because XXXX van is better, higher quality, more expensive, whatever, IMO, and imply that people are not making a wise choice. That would if someone actually was considering the other van and wanted a comparison.

I would suggest that whenever the urge to go on about how great your van is compared to others, just sit back and compare your van to a high end ARV or a Prevost A to put it all in perspective.

On the other hand...it's less expensive....and your risk is probably smaller with the lower priced unit.

Maybe that's a better choice.... best to go into all this with eyes wide open....

Not a value judgement at all... just about choice..
Old 12-02-2018, 10:23 PM   #447
Platinum Member

Quote:

This is NOT the place to be telling the people who are interested that they shouldn't be thinking about them because XXXX van is better, higher quality, more expensive, whatever, IMO, and imply that people are not making a wise choice. That would if someone actually was considering the other van and wanted a comparison.

Great comments, doubtful they will reach destination.
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 06:06 AM   #448
Bronze Member

Quote:

This is NOT the place to be telling the people who are interested that they shouldn't be thinking about them because XXXX van is better, higher quality, more expensive, whatever, IMO, and imply that people are not making a wise choice. That would be if someone actually was considering the other van and wanted a comparison.

Thank you for a very sensible and a well articulated reply. A message that we should all heed.
Old 12-08-2018, 09:58 PM   #449
Bronze Member

Default Front seats floor liner

I am considering to add a front seats floor liner for my Axion and wondering if anyone has any suggestions. It seems that most designs don't work with factory-installed swivel seats. Here's couple that don't explicitly mention not working with swivel seats https://bit.ly/2QlCRv7 https://bit.ly/2G7JkoE

cheers,
Old 12-09-2018, 02:09 AM   #450

Default the inevitable troll

It seems we have attracted a troll.
murph_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 06:14 AM   #451
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by murph_d View Post
It seems we have attracted a troll.
…..and he needs a mirror.
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 11:20 PM   #452
Bronze Member

I ordered a custom one from Amazon that I am very pleased.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jradwan View Post
I am considering to add a front seats floor liner for my Axion and wondering if anyone has any suggestions. It seems that most designs don't work with factory-installed swivel seats. Here's couple that don't explicitly mention not working with swivel seats https://bit.ly/2QlCRv7 https://bit.ly/2G7JkoE

cheers,
kmrotterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 01:08 PM   #453
Silver Member

Can you post a link? Any pics of liner installed? Thx
1988.5 Suzuki Samurai
14ft Jon Boat bass boat conversion
Merlynda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 01:43 AM   #454
Silver Member

Default Added weather station and a clothes line

Here are some pics of weather station and clothes line. Surprising how handy both are.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8F9FF7C7-3F16-4E3F-ACA1-65F448FB17EF.jpg (217.8 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 3A7F24DD-C5E5-4498-BB98-738AD7F22A1F.jpg (174.0 KB, 12 views)
Old 01-10-2019, 01:45 AM   #455
Silver Member

Default I am thinking of having Voltstart installed in Axion

What do you think? I like the concept of Voltstart but wondering if it works.
Old 01-10-2019, 02:36 AM   #456
Platinum Member

Some are still having a few issues, but most seem to be happy with it. It is not something that EHGNA will add after purchase. It had to be on the original build. (this could change with the new owner, but don't count on it)
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 02:42 AM   #457
Silver Member

Oh. I didn’t know about not installing Voltstart after purchase. I have a call into a dealer who may be able to install it. Will keep you updated. I decided I want it.

My dealer can’t do it. But I was referred to Sunshine State RV. They are going to get back to me.
1988.5 Suzuki Samurai
Old 01-10-2019, 02:45 AM   #458
Silver Member

Default Coolant extension pipe leak?

I have seen a few posts about a coolant leak in the Axion. Anybody have this problem? It’s related to the “extension coolant pipe”
Old 01-10-2019, 06:21 AM   #459
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlynda View Post
I have seen a few posts about a coolant leak in the Axion. Anybody have this problem? It’s related to the “extension coolant pipe”
If your Axion has the UG then it's a similar problem that someone had posted on the Facebook Axion group. The extension coolant pipe that's installed to bypass the UG had a loose clamp which holds the plastic hose to the metal hose extension. It was an easy fix from what they reported.
Old 01-10-2019, 08:23 AM   #460
Silver Member

Thank you so much. I will check mine. Maybe will just tighten it for good measure.
1988.5 Suzuki Samurai

Tags
axion, carrado, ecotrek, hymer, promaster