Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2018, 02:58 PM   #21
Bud
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQ View Post
Generously plaster some wood glue (or fiberglass resin, or epoxy)
then lower the bed.
Put some weight on the bed.
It should set nicely.

About the bowing,
I would add some cross-brace to the bottom.
Maybe aluminum angle?
Maybe wood (2x2)?

Or maybe some gorilla glue, good stuff.

Bud
Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 01:26 AM   #22
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud View Post
Or maybe some gorilla glue, good stuff.

Bud
Gorilla glue is good stuff, but whatever is used, the wood should be clamped tightly together during the drying process. Could get messy, but excess could be sanded off.

My opinion, if it's not covered under warranty, I'd start with a fresh sheet of very high quality plywood. It looks pretty shot.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 04:46 PM   #23

Default Special elec question

Can my mom run her oxygen concentrator (runs on AC and pulls 350 watts) while we are driving WITHOUT running the generator? She needs it and we want her to be able to travel that way.
adamfrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 05:44 PM   #24
Silver Member

Welcome to the forum, adamfrey!

I assume you have a Travato 59G and have a 1000W inverter that come standard with it. If you don't please start a new post and include the model you have and we can provide a better answer.

The 350W oxygen concentrator should be able to be run from the inverter indefinitely while driving. 350W will draw about 35A from your 12V alternator, through the separator relay to the house battery system, then out the inverter (where it gets converted to 120VAC) to the outlet.

Note that when the vehicle is off, you'll deplete your house battery fairly quickly, as that 35A will now have to come out of your house battery. The two group 31 batteries that are standard with the G are typically 100AH each and it's best practice to discharge no more than 50%, so you have 100AH to work with.

The 35A load by itself will discharge the battery to 50% in a little less than 3 hours. This is on top of other loads like lights, heater, electronic devices, etc, so the time will be less. IMHO hooking up to shore power or running the generator would be advisable when the engine is off for more than a couple of hours with the concentrator on.

Good Luck, and I'm sure you'll have some great experiences and lasting memories during your travels with your Mom!
2006 Roadtrek 210 Versatile, 400W Solar, 320AH LiFePO4. Suspension mods: Front: Moog 81004 coil springs. Rear: SuperSteer Track Bar, AirLift airbags with integrated bump stop, 2" lift blocks, removed overload leafs. All around: Bilsteins, 265-75R16 K02's
Luv2Go is offline   Reply With Quote