Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-03-2019, 04:42 PM   #1
Bronze Member

Question Wiring Diagram for Pleasureway?

Hi there,

we just bought our first RV, a Pleasureway Excel TS (2015, Ford E350) and I want to install USB outlets that are powered by the house battery (stepped down to 5V, of course).

I called Pleasureway and asked for their wiring diagram but they refuse to give it out, apparently that is company policy (why??).

So my question, does anyone have a wiring diagram already or do I have to open the panels and start hunting for 12V lines? How do you guys do it, is there a guide to actually go behind the panels without destroying them?

Thank you!
OSCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 08:59 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSCA View Post
Hi there,

we just bought our first RV, a Pleasureway Excel TS (2015, Ford E350) and I want to install USB outlets that are powered by the house battery (stepped down to 5V, of course).

I called Pleasureway and asked for their wiring diagram but they refuse to give it out, apparently that is company policy (why??).

So my question, does anyone have a wiring diagram already or do I have to open the panels and start hunting for 12V lines? How do you guys do it, is there a guide to actually go behind the panels without destroying them?

Thank you!
I rewired an existing 12V outlet with this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comes in black or white and allows you to keep the 12v outlet and add 2 USB outlets in that location.

Where I had another existing 12 outlet I added this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You can install the switch, outlet and USB/Volt readout all together as shown. Or, you can install them separately as I did.

Good luck.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 09:27 PM   #3
Bronze Member

Thanks, those look interesting, I'll check those out.
Old 10-04-2019, 03:19 AM   #4
Platinum Member

rowiebowie: I believe you gave the same link for the two different outlets?
GallenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 03:26 AM   #5
Platinum Member

Not sure how much has changed from my 97 to yours but i have a TV cabinet that used to house a 12v/120v CTR tv. It has a 12v outlet in it and I bought one of those cheap USB adapters that goes into the cigarette lighter style outlet. It's a double and I can put my devices in the cabinet (TV no longer there) and have them out of the way when they're recharging.
Old 10-04-2019, 03:30 AM   #6
Platinum Member

Unrelated note: We don't have a tv in our RV since we "escape" in it and want to escape from everything. We do have an iPad loaded with videos of movies and TV series that we sometimes watch at night. Interestly when we're watching the small screen doesn't seem small although I know we'd see the difference if we had a 21" screen to view them on.
Old 10-04-2019, 01:03 PM   #7
Bronze Member

Thanks, yes, the inverter is at the same spot in ours as well. It has 12V coming in from the house battery and eventually, I think I'll tap into that and create a permanent USB charge outlet near the sofa/bed. The alternative is - as you suggest - a multi-USB charger, something like this 5 port from Anker.

With respect to the TV, I agree, I won't use it as a TV but casually for DVDs or use the HDMI port to plug in a laptop when we are hooked up. Although that manual Antenna crank/lift is just too cool, looks like straight from a 1970s Bond movie Maybe I need a more spy-looking dish antenna for the full experience...
Old 10-10-2019, 04:53 PM   #8
Bronze Member

"I called Pleasureway and asked for their wiring diagram but they refuse to give it out, apparently that is company policy (why??)."

Unlike Winnebago where they post electrical and plumbing diagrams for current and older models on their public website. Nothing to hide.

Can't imagine whey Pleasureway will not at least provide the same directly to their owners. Maybe no diagrams exist!
bobcat66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 07:49 PM   #9
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowiebowie View Post
I rewired an existing 12V outlet with this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comes in black or white and allows you to keep the 12v outlet and add 2 USB outlets in that location.

Where I had another existing 12 outlet I added this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You can install the switch, outlet and USB/Volt readout all together as shown. Or, you can install them separately as I did.

Good luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GallenH View Post
rowiebowie: I believe you gave the same link for the two different outlets?
You are correct. I obviously forgot to re-copy before I pasted.

This is the correct second link. Items can be removed and installed separately if you don't need all three in the included faceplate.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical, pleasureway excel, usb, wiring