Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2018, 06:07 PM   #1

Default 2008 Roadtrek 210 Popular TABLE TOP help

Hi All,

My new to me RT 210P is in good shape but missing the table top for the bed in back.

Does anyone have the dimensions or recommend how to get one? I have the power sofa in the back. Brochures and manuals don't have the dimensions of the table top. Could use some cushions too, but the table top is the main thing.

Any ideas?

TIA--

Jim
jimhands3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 10:21 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Jim, here is a picture of the table that came with our 2007 RT 210P, front and back.

I suspect your 2008 uses the same size table. The table is 24x33 and about 5/8 inch thick. It is made of some very heavy material of some sort and is white on the back and the same color as the kitchen counter top on the front. The finish is not but is similar to Formica.

The problem with the table for us is its weight. Nineteen pounds! It is very well made and serviceable but is heavy to store under our twin bed arrangement. I cut a table from 1/2 inch birch plywood that is 20x28 and that works much better for us being a bit smaller and it only weighs four pounds.

All you need is a 24 by 48 sheet of birch veneer plywood from Lowes or HD, a saw and some sandpaper. I rounded the corners and finished ours with a clear polyurethane and it matches the maple woodwork in our Roadtrek very closely.

Paul
Doneworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 10:25 PM   #3

Wow. 19lbs! Okay that's good to know. The dimensions help greatly. I don't have a workshop here where I live, but I can work on finding one! We have the king size arrangement, with the powersofa in back.

Thanks so much, Paul!
Old 07-09-2018, 10:32 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Yep, I edited my original post above.

Paul
Old 07-15-2018, 06:40 PM   #5

We have a similar sofa/bed arrangement in our Leisure Travel Van.
Instead of using a heavy/large table as a filler, I attached 5 or 6 fir 1x2's, the width of the table and attached them together with 1' webbing to form a fold-up ladder to lay the side cushions on. Folds up neat, very light and strong enough to kneel on when covered by the cushions. Over 10 years and have had only 1 rung break. Replaced the table with a much lighter, shaped to our needs table.
Barry
prairieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 11:51 AM   #6
Platinum Member

My 2012 190P (bought used) came with both a table top and smaller, stained plywood filler for the power sofa filler. The table top stores under the driver's side side cushion and the filler under the PS cushion. I removed the post holder cup from the bottom of the table and remounted it on the filler piece. The filler piece is smaller, thus easier to get around the couch area. We no longer use the original, heavy table top. We use the filler piece as both a table and bed filler. You can't use both at the same time anyway. I don't know if both originally came with the RT, as I bought it used.
Rockwood27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 12:51 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Rockwood27, all I can say is "Why didn't I think about that!". With the twin bed arrangement we have there are two pieces of the filler you describe which measure about 24 x 26 and one of them would be perfect to use as you describe. Dummy me, I had to build my own. My fillers are in storage upstairs because we have never used them and don't intend to do so but what a great idea you have. Thanks for sharing.

Paul
Old 07-16-2018, 05:01 PM   #8

Thanks everyone. I was under the impression that I 'had' to have the table top in order to make the bed. Had no idea they were so heavy also. Looking forward to a shake-down trip soon, once the bed is put together... Now if I can remember about the cushions...

Tags
210 popular, roadtrek, table, table top