Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-31-2009, 03:06 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default 351 Windsor rebuild by Les

Email from Les:

Quote:
Here is a picture of the 351 Windsor rebuilt and in the van almost ready to run. This engine pulls like a big block engine with the increased torque of the mods I made on it. My daughter drove it to Lake McClure in the Sierra foothills and said it didn't even shift down going up most of the hills on the way up there.
Les Lane

That's beautiful!

a little bit more info on his 1988 Old School Cobra Explorer Van below

Quote:
Originally Posted by leslane
I just finished a 1988 Discoverer by Cobra class B on a E250 Ford chassis with a 351 Windsor engine and C6 transmission. It is totally refurbished top to bottom, front to back, inside and outside. It looks new and runs better as I upgraded the engine a tad with some Mustang heads, injectors, plenun etc. Will be installing some shorty smog-type headers soon also. It has a tub/shower, toilet, microwave, 2 burner propane stove, 3 way refrigerator (newly refurbished also) central heat, overhead and dash a/c, propane water heater, TV, VCR, DVD player, all new plumbing including the black and grey tanks, electrical, including the converter, carpeting, window seals, upholstery, air shocks, new fuel pumps and sending units in both tanks, all new exhuast system, brakes, rotors, 4 core diesel radiator, hitch-mounted 3500 watt generator, and my daughter is in the process of making custom window coverings for it as I am typing this. It has a new sound system in the dash with cd changer also. I know this sounds more like bragging but it needed all of the above mentioned to ensure a safe and reliable camper for my daughter to use when she gets time to go wherever she wants to. Its a fairly impressive little camper in that it has plenty of power, handles great, and even though it sounds like it should be crowded inside with all the amenities, it isn't. It is actually pretty comfortable, but if more than one or two people tried to go along, it would get jammed up I think. I am still working the TV antenna issues and may just put a dish on it, don't know yet. Thats what I did on my class A rig and I am very happy with that. So, thats the Yosemite Express as it was dubbed and rightously so as it will get many round trips there now that it is in such great shape.
Link to more photos: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=900&start=30#p5589
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote