Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2016, 08:09 PM   #1

Default '97 Roadtrek Popular cabinet removal questions

I'm looking for a bit of info on removing cabinets in my '97 Roadtrek Popular. The cabinets in question are the last two closest to the bed/dinette that are of the full height. So far all the screws which attach the cabinets to their neighbours have been removed, the cabinets are obviously free from the forward cabinets but still attached to the reward two. I suspect glue. Also, both are still moored on their back surfaces to the wall. I expect that if I remove the cloth wall paneling there will be revealed some mounting brackets.

In the photo (which is not my van):
Red boxes denote the area of the cabinets to be trimmed.
Blue lines denote parts I suspect to be glued.
Green lines denote areas that are entirely disconnected.

Any info or clarification would be appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cabinets.jpg (108.8 KB, 17 views)
Pattybenpatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 10:38 PM   #2
Platinum Member

I have the exact same model, I hope you don't mind me asking, but why do you want to remove these cupboards?, are you hoping to replace them with something else, I actually really like all the storage in my unit,,,,I have never tried to remove them, so I cant help you there,,,,sorry,,,,
peppster66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 12:20 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Reminds me of the guy on a Jeep forum that wrote in asking how to make a low rider out of it. Or the guy on the Roadtrek forum that wanted to take out the furnace and water heater.

The low rider Jeep guy was ridiculed off the forum. The Roadtrek guy was treated a little better but hasn't come back. Jeeps are for traveling over rocks and Roadtreks are for taking our stuff down the road in comfort. Occassionally some find other uses, I guess.
Harry 2003 C190P
hbn7hj is offline   Reply With Quote