Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2008, 11:08 PM   #1

Default Danhard Air Conditioning in Ford van

I am installing the Danhard 70-2030 Air Conditioning System in my 2007 Ford van with Sportsmobile top.

The Danhard 70-2030 main components are the Evaporator (which is, of course, mounted inside the van), the Compressor, the Condensor, the Accumulator, and Controller. I, also, have Danhard supplied mounting brackets for the Compressor and Accumulator. I have a question on where to mount some of the components.

I will mount everything but the Evaporator & Controller outside, under the van. I am planning on mounting the Condenser under the drivers side, and forward, what would be right behind the drivers seat. I had hoped to mount the Compressor right behind the Condenser, attaching the mounting bracket to the Ford frame. I had hoped to mount the Accumulator right behind the Compressor attaching the mounting bracket to the Ford frame. My problem is that it does not appear that you can bolt to the drivers side of the Ford frame unless you drop the gas tank for access to the the inside of the frame.

Does anyone have suggestions on where else I could mount the Compressor, or on attaching the Compressor mounting bracket to the frame?

The drivers side frame has easy access for mounting the Compressor mounting bracket; but, I am concerned about hose length going from one side of the van to the other.

If anyone has a Ford van with the Danhard system already installed, will you please tell me where the components are mounted?
terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 01:48 AM   #2
Platinum Member

It might be best to call Danhard Inc. at 1-800-521-7978

I copied the following from their site:

Installation

Although universal in design, 70-2030 has specific requirements to insure proper operation.

1. When installing , avoid long hose runs between components. Refrigerant charge is based on 8-10 feet for each size of hose.

2. Avoid extremely short hoses(less than 18’’).remember, the key is flexibility of the hose.

3. The condenser must be mounted outside for proper operation. The condenser must not be allowed to recirculate heat, as this will cause performance problems.
4. The compressor is shipped with steel spacers inside of the
Mounting bushings. Do not remove these spacers.

Charging the system

Due to unknown variables, charging the system after
Installation should be performed as follows;

1. Evacuate the system for a minimum of 1 (one) hour. This will ensure that any moisture present is removed.

2. Based upon an average length of 10’ feet of each size of hose required for installation, charge the system with approx. 1.75 to a maximum of 2.25 lbs. of r-134a. Refrigerant charge can be adjusted accordingly if hose
lengths vary.

A typical 2.0 lb. Charge of r-134a with 10’ hoses on a 80* day should read approx. 35-45 low pressure and 150-175 high.

Operating the system
If generator driven, generator should be at operating temperature before starting.
Select desired temperature on digital thermostat
Select fan to “auto” or “on”
Select cool *
Select low, medium or high blower speed
Note: there are three blower speeds to choose from.
Thermostat as built in 5 minute delay before restarting.

Maintenance
Condenser should be checked periodically for debris.
Evaporator drain hose should also be checked for proper drainage.
The digital thermostat has two “aa” batteries that need to be replaced once a year.
If thermostat does not function properly, remove cover and locate the reset button to clear the memory.

If you should have any questions contact Danhard Inc.@
1-800-521-7978 Mention system #70-2030
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote