Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-15-2015, 04:00 PM   #1
Silver Member

Default Electrical and Water connection mods 2001 RT200P

It seemed that whenever we pulled into a new campground/site it was either during a time when the mosquito blood patrol was out on maneuvers or a downpour was occurring. Neither of which was the optimal time for an RV hookup. Running the power cord and water hookup through the same access door was no picnic. I tried steel wool, scotch-brite pads and a few other ways to keep crawling/flying things from making their way into our Roadtrek. So after a few years of experimentation I finally bit the bullet and spent a few bucks to make life easier. First is a Marinco Shore Power inlet. After considering various locations, I chose a spot below the fuel filler door. Once I measured and made visual checks/rechecks (and worked up the nerve to drill a 2-3/4 inch hole through the fiberglass) the whole installation process took less than an hour, and we feel it looks pretty good too. Electrical hookup time is now less than a minute, since there is no cord to "fish and critter proof" through the access hole.
The water access is pretty self explanatory through the photos: plywood, a piece of metal, 1/4" carriage bolt, wingnut and some Silly Putty. Water hookup time is now less than 2 minutes. Hopefully, this time saving will reduce the mosquito population.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0201.jpg (140.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0202.jpg (163.6 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0203.jpg (169.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0204.jpg (117.5 KB, 8 views)
Moonmanvt is offline   Reply With Quote