Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2014, 03:51 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Fixed generator

Dropped the generator and put in new carburetor. Put it back together and it fired right up , ran beautifully for 4 minutes then died. My brother in law(mechanic) determined it wasn't getting fuel. I checked gas gauge and saw there was a tick over 1/4 of a tank. Drove down to gas station and filled it up. Drove home and tried it again. Still no fuel. Bro in law checked fuel lines and determined it was sucking air. Cut off end of hose, tightened it up and she fired right up. Hallelujah!!!!.Got brand new Onan carburetor from www.partsfortechs.com for $212.00 delivered.It took 5 days to arrive but 2 of those days were Saturday and Sunday.The float on the old one was sticking and flooding it out.Rather than rebuild, most places just get a new one so that's what I did.
stanw909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 01:48 PM   #2
Platinum Member

How did you "drop" your generator? Do you have a classic class "b"? Was your generator in a side compartment, or was it underneath the van? Was it difficult to drop for servicing?
gklugie is offline   Reply With Quote