Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2007, 02:47 AM   #1
Ron
Platinum Member

Default Idea for an external TV antenna

I have been using an RCA Amplified Indoor-Outdoor Antenna VHF-UHF, Terrestrial HDTV, Broadcast Compatible, Model # 706. When Antenna is not in use it folds in half.

I use a PVC Pipe, I have a White PVC, which one end is approximately 6 feet long, the bottom end is approximately 38 inches long, outside diameter is 1 5/8 inches, it is secured using 2 Hose Clamps onto the Spare Tire Rack.

I prefer using my Gray PVC Pipe which the top end is approximately 5 feet long, and the bottom end is approximately 28 inches long, outside diameter is 1 5/8 inches also secures onto the Spare Tire Rack with the 2 Hose Clamps.

If I am traveling I leave the bottom PVC Pipe secured onto the Spare Tire Rack, I am able to open the rear door with the antenna secured onto the Spare Tire Rack with no problem.

The Antenna wire I just slide it into the Pipe,it is out of site comes out from the bottom and connected to the connector inside the outside storage area.

The Top of the Antenna on the White PVC Pipe is approximately 139 inches from the ground, the Top of the Antenna when on the Gray PVC Pipe is approximately 117 inches from the ground.

FMCA:303873 ~K1RRC~ RRRCRT@aol.com
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 04:06 AM   #2
Platinum Member

:P :P

I like that. It looks really easy to setup and take down also.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote