Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-14-2018, 09:33 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Arrow Kitchen Setup & Ceiling Insulation

Just started with a one cabinet rv kitchen, flanked by two narrow sliders. It will hold the sink, water heater and 'Shower-in-a-Drawer'. At a later time I'll add a 2.5 gallon electric water heater, a small fridge on the passenger side and an induction cooktop at the opposite end.

Van Williams

CargoVanConversion.com
cargovanconversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 11:35 PM   #2
Platinum Member

What are you going to put on the windows for insulation, privacy and reducing condensation on them?

I plan to convert a 2019 Ford passenger transit van so I can safely transport the grandchildren.
Oliver2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 12:48 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver2017 View Post
What are you going to put on the windows for insulation, privacy and reducing condensation on them?
I plan to convert a 2019 Ford passenger transit van so I can safely transport the grandchildren.

Several of my windows are permanently covered or part of the time. One behind the closet has two inches or Poly-Iso and another inch of Denim insulation and there is still some room for moisture to dissipate. the window behind the bed is covered during the day, but opens up at night.
The front windshield and likely both passenger and driver's windows will be covered on the outside when parked; there is a further cabin curtain that closes off the cabin from the living area. For the remaining windows I will probably use a combination of Reflectix and curtain material to close them off when parked in the sun. To minimize heat issues in the van, I'll use a shade cloth outside to sit under and to shade the windows, at least on on side of the van. When it's warm, I also tend to live outside the van.
Then there is the issue of moisture; much more important than the heat, I think. Good ventilation is a must. I have a Roof vent in the rear (one that can stay open when it rains). At the opposite end, close to the bottom, I have a floor vent that goes through the wall to under the chassis. With both open, I expect natural convection to occur, without mechanical means. If necessary, I can deploy a built-in fan to increase the flow of air. Eliminating the use of propane (I'm all-electric), will reduce moisture and condensation even (much) more!
Another way to stay comfortable, is to move to higher elevation during spring and the reverse in fall.
Hope that answers your question.

Van Williams

CargoVanConversion.com
cargovanconversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 01:04 AM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cargovanconversion View Post
Hope that answers your question.
Yes, thank you!
Oliver2017 is offline   Reply With Quote