Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2011, 12:07 AM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Macerator hose woes ... again!

I know this has been chewed on and spit out a few times, but I wondered if there was any new consensus on replacing the white snake that comes on the 2008 RT Adventurous. It (and the awning) are my nemeses.

The mac hose is notoriously hard to shove back into it's storage tube after dumping; my struggles with it are always the source of some amusement among the big boys waiting at the dump station. I must have pushed too hard last time because now the hose looks like it kinked; a spot has flattened out, which means it is a little wider than it should be. This makes shoving the hose back in even more difficult than it already was; once that flat spot gets in there, it must be rubbing against the sides.

Of course, this is now a weak point in the hose; I now have visions of being on the downstream side of the inevitable leak when the pump is running. Not pretty.

Does anyone have any advice on what type of hose to use as replacement? I have some black flexpvc of the right diameter. It has a slicker exterior, but I don't know what the bending radius is.

Thanks,
Dan F.
arrveedogz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:34 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: Macerator hose woes ... again!

Get a Sani-con and be done with it. Super flexible, store in half the space.
booster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:11 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Yep, found this, with quite a similar story here.

Hey, that's you!

Thanks,
Dan F.
arrveedogz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:10 AM   #4

On my RT the "white snake" just gets shoved into a too-small storage compartment. As a result of that shoving and bending my hose was starting to split. I simply shortened the hose enough so that it easily fits into the compartment. The resulting length (about 6-7 feet) hasn't been a problem at the dump station. Voila...problem solved at no cost.
Old 11-21-2011, 01:08 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Take Booster's recommendation - I installed mine about 5 years ago and have never had a problem since then. Safe travels.
Old 10-09-2021, 04:21 PM   #6

Amazon has a 21 ft. Black hose that is much more durable $78. Will replace the entire length. Would be an easier job, if I can figure out how to r&r the storage drawer. Any help?
Landsub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 04:24 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrveedogz View Post
I know this has been chewed on and spit out a few times, but I wondered if there was any new consensus on replacing the white snake that comes on the 2008 RT Adventurous. It (and the awning) are my nemeses.

The mac hose is notoriously hard to shove back into it's storage tube after dumping; my struggles with it are always the source of some amusement among the big boys waiting at the dump station. I must have pushed too hard last time because now the hose looks like it kinked; a spot has flattened out, which means it is a little wider than it should be. This makes shoving the hose back in even more difficult than it already was; once that flat spot gets in there, it must be rubbing against the sides.

Of course, this is now a weak point in the hose; I now have visions of being on the downstream side of the inevitable leak when the pump is running. Not pretty.

Does anyone have any advice on what type of hose to use as replacement? I have some black flexpvc of the right diameter. It has a slicker exterior, but I don't know what the bending radius is.

Thanks,
Dan F.
Amazon $78 with union. 21’
Landsub is offline   Reply With Quote