Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2017, 07:51 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default New Bumper Treads

The treads on the rear bumper of my RT 190P have been peeling away since before I took over ownership a few months ago. So I ordered some new ones and now I am looking for help: What is the best glue to use to make sure these new treads stay put? I do have some leftover 3m VHM tape. Would that work with something as porous as rubber?
ManWonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 08:06 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManWonder View Post
The treads on the rear bumper of my RT 190P have been peeling away since before I took over ownership a few months ago. So I ordered some new ones and now I am looking for help: What is the best glue to use to make sure these new treads stay put? I do have some leftover 3m VHM tape. Would that work with something as porous as rubber?
The tape gets pretty thick underneath, so you are usually better off to get the treads as peal an stick. 3M makes the best, but expensive ones, and you used to be able to get the material at Home Depot and cut your own.

If you already have rubber, non adhesive ones, I would use the 3M spray adhesive specifically for rubber. It is good stuff and almost all the home centers carry it.
booster is online now   Reply With Quote