Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-02-2008, 04:30 AM   #1
Platinum Member

Default New inverter installed

Just yesterday I mentioned on the Roadtrek Yahoo Group that I'd probably not get to install my new inverter until April.

The weather was nice and I took the inverter out to the RV to see where it would fit and one thing led to another..........

I've given up on the idea of trying to power my microwave by inverter (thanks for the info John 20amp plug & 1800 watts!). That made the job easier. I was able to use cables and wire that I already had.

The new inverter is installed under the dinette seat:

I used ready made 4 gauge cable (it's all I had laying around). I think it'll do the job.

I removed the on/off switch from the inverter and "plugged" in "extension" wires made with crimp-on fittings. I didn't think of taking photos until after the job was done.

I mounted the switch out where it is easily accessible. It's near the main electrical panel. I don't have to get out of the bed to turn it off.

I have a multi outlet power bar mounted near the front of my RV that is plugged in to the inverter. It's for the TV, DVD etc.

I've run my Dremel tool and my wife's 1200 watt travel hair dryer so far. It all works well. There's more info about the 1200 watt Pure Sine Wave inverter I bought at this link:

http://classbforum.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=779
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 04:48 AM   #2
Platinum Member

I just realized that I forgot to add a fuse on the + positive cable. I've got a 200 amp fuse in my tool box that I'll add. Better safe than sorry.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote