Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-17-2006, 10:19 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Pleasure-Way Modifications

Sorry for the subterfuge

Pleasure-Way Modifications

Where are they?

Anyone know of any? Post it or send me a link. Pleasure-Way owners please tell us what you have done to enhance your Camper Vans.

Post a new topic for your Pleasure-Way mods. I'll delete this post when we have a few Pleasure-Way mods detailed on the forum.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 10:30 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Pleasure-Way Plateau Electric Sofa Cushion Stay

This modification is for a Pleasure-Way Sprinter Plateau with electric sofa bed. It is a simple modification we made to keep the two ottoman infill bed cushions from getting kicked out. It is a simple 1/4" x 2" x 42" board that slips in place as shown. In this instance we used Teak that we had. When not in use the board stores away in the wardrobe closet.

2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 10:38 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Default Cup Holders

There are no cup holders in the electric sofa area of our Pleasure-Way Plateau so we created this solution. Target sells plastic cup holders in the automotive department for 99 cents each. They are designed to slip over a roll-up window sill but no where on the Sprinter will that work. So we clipped off the lip that would fit downward into the roll-up windows. We added velcro to the window sill and corresponding velcro on the back of the cup holder. We have one location on both sides of the van but could add additional velcro to move them around. At night they can be put away but so far since they haven't really been in the way when sleeping we just leave them.

Old 09-14-2007, 11:04 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Default Here's one for grandparents

The electric sofa has lap and shoulder belts for the outside passengers and just a seat belt for the middle passenger. The set up is perfect for mom, dad and grandchild when we visit. We put the child seat in the middle held down by the seat belt. To hold the top from flipping forward there is no built in latch clip to connect to as there are in most recent model vehicles. A simple 2" U bolt selling for less than $2 in any hardware store fixes that problem on the cross bar behind the sofa.

Old 09-15-2007, 12:54 AM   #5
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to julievojo

We had this padded shelf added over the cab area of our PW Plateau. It gives us a good place to store cameras, cell phones, wallets, sunglasses and other stuff to keep it handy while we drive. It also keeps those items out of sight while we are parked.

Old 03-07-2022, 12:56 AM   #6

Default Sprinter Cockpit Shelf

I just finished the installation of my Cockpit Shelf, from White Top Adventure, on our 2018 Pleasureway Ascent. Unfortunately, White Top Adventure doesn't offer a Carpet Option for 2018 and earlier Sprinters. However, after they explained the benefits of having the shelf Carpeted, which are less Heat radiating into the Cab, from the Aluminum Shelf and less noise from things rattling around on top of the shelf, I knew I needed to get the shelf Carpeted.

I installed "Trunk Carpet," ($23.00 including Spray on Glue) which is light Grey in Color and also fairly thin. I decided to cover both sides of the Shelf with this material which is Glued directly to the aluminum. The installation of the Shelf is not particularly easy, on a scale of 1-10, 10 being difficult, its an 8! It looks good and will add much needed Storage!
Sailorguy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 12:32 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
There are no cup holders in the electric sofa area of our Pleasure-Way Plateau so we created this solution. Target sells plastic cup holders in the automotive department for 99 cents each. They are designed to slip over a roll-up window sill but no where on the Sprinter will that work. So we clipped off the lip that would fit downward into the roll-up windows. We added velcro to the window sill and corresponding velcro on the back of the cup holder. We have one location on both sides of the van but could add additional velcro to move them around. At night they can be put away but so far since they haven't really been in the way when sleeping we just leave them.

Nothing like posting to a 16 year old thread! Here is my solution to a cup holder for my wife and a place for the remotes and phones at bedtime. The plywood board straddles the supports for the bed fillers. Cut so that the rear trim on the ottomans keeps it from sliding back under the cushions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cupholder.jpg (98.0 KB, 10 views)