Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-07-2018, 01:12 PM   #1

Default Reinstalling third seat 2008 Roadtrek

I recently purchased a 2008 Roadtrek 170 Popular. The previous owner bought the unit from a person that had removed the third seat, and it had not been reinstalled by the previous owner (seller). The main seat parts were included but the seller could not locate the hardware needed and also had no idea how to reinstall the seat and seat belts. I'm working through the nearest Roadtrek dealer to purchase some of the hardware, but am not confident that they will be able to provide instructions for reinstalling the seat and belts. I think I can reattach the seatbelt part on the door side but am not sure how to reattach the other side. The wood base seems like it may be slightly difficult to mount.

Can anyone give me some pointers and/or provide a diagram to help with reinstalling?

Thanks,
Taoswoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 01:19 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Did the 170 come with a user manual that shows how to remove & replace the 3rd seat?
Hondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 02:34 PM   #3

The user manual has no instructions for this. I contacted support at Roadtrek but they told me contact a dealer for this info, which I have. Not impressed with this kind of customer service at Roadtrek.
Old 02-07-2018, 03:06 PM   #4
BBQ
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taoswoods View Post

... Not impressed with this kind of customer service at Roadtrek.

I doubt any company on any kind of product would be willing to offer help on their disassembled products. There is neither an expressed, or implied, or moral obligation to do so.

If they are not careful on their reply to you, they might get themselves into liability issues if the seat was not reassembled properly and you got into an accident and injured a passenger.

Old 02-07-2018, 03:18 PM   #5

Good point about liability. However, Roadtrek does sell an optional armoire to replace the rear seat. My impression from many comments online that the owner can purchase this and do the install themselves. I was hoping to tap into that experience to see if someone can provide some help for the reverse process.
Old 02-08-2018, 01:39 AM   #6
Platinum Member

I haven't taken my armoire out and don't have the seat, wish I could help you.

If it were me, I'd assemble what I could, set the chair in place and determine what hardware that is needed.
Hondo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rear, roadtrek, seat