Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2019, 12:23 AM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Roadtrek 210 Popular Shower Mod

We like the full wet bath but taking a shower inside the bathroom was too tight for me. We have no plans to use the aisle shower as it is too much trouble to take up the carpets, remove the floor pan and drain, etc. A simple way to extend the size of the bath shower is to use a 1/8-inch fiberglass rod that I got from a kite store. I put plastic protectors on the ends of the fiberglass rods. You need to look at the pictures to follow along with the description. I drilled a hole in the shower head holder for one end of the rod. I attached a 3M stick-on wall hook on the right side wall of the bathroom. I drilled a hole in the hook to hold the other end of the rod. I also use the hook as storage to hold a metal spring rod that we use for holding wet towels for drying. The rod pushes the shower curtain out enough to give me elbow room to take a shower standing up. Just be careful to not push the bottom of the curtain past the lip, otherwise water will spill onto the aisle floor.

We also cut the shower curtain into two sections as we don’t need the full width since we don’t use the aisle shower setup. This has worked great as we can pull one shower curtain section out to all the way to go across the aisle to create a private dressing room when dressing after a shower, or as a privacy curtain when sleeping at night. Only one curtain section is needed in the bathroom doorway to keep water in the bathroom.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Shower1.jpg (120.4 KB, 127 views)
File Type: jpg Shower2-1.jpg (25.6 KB, 98 views)
File Type: jpg Shower2.jpg (51.3 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg Shower6.jpg (105.6 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg Shower7.jpg (109.0 KB, 78 views)
File Type: jpg Shower8.jpg (272.6 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg Shower9.jpg (281.3 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg Shower11.jpg (88.7 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg Shower12.jpg (334.9 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg Towel Rod.jpg (93.0 KB, 72 views)
peteco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 01:05 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Good, practical and cheap solution. Advanced RV offers a flip down bar in its' showers that does a similar job of holding the upper shower curtain out for more room. They use a two-section door where the bottom half stays closed to keep the lower part of the shower curtain inside the shower.

I'll bet your solution costs a lot less.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 08:21 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Very clever. Thanks for the idea!
Peder_y2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 03:28 AM   #4

wow your DIY shower area is probably 1/2 or maybe barely 1/4 if you had hired a professional.
good savings!!
cherubtravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2024, 11:29 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteco View Post
We like the full wet bath but taking a shower inside the bathroom was too tight for me. We have no plans to use the aisle shower as it is too much trouble to take up the carpets, remove the floor pan and drain, etc. A simple way to extend the size of the bath shower is to use a 1/8-inch fiberglass rod that I got from a kite store. I put plastic protectors on the ends of the fiberglass rods. You need to look at the pictures to follow along with the description. I drilled a hole in the shower head holder for one end of the rod. I attached a 3M stick-on wall hook on the right side wall of the bathroom. I drilled a hole in the hook to hold the other end of the rod. I also use the hook as storage to hold a metal spring rod that we use for holding wet towels for drying. The rod pushes the shower curtain out enough to give me elbow room to take a shower standing up. Just be careful to not push the bottom of the curtain past the lip, otherwise water will spill onto the aisle floor.

We also cut the shower curtain into two sections as we don’t need the full width since we don’t use the aisle shower setup. This has worked great as we can pull one shower curtain section out to all the way to go across the aisle to create a private dressing room when dressing after a shower, or as a privacy curtain when sleeping at night. Only one curtain section is needed in the bathroom doorway to keep water in the bathroom.
Hello! What model is your rig? I just bOught an older 1996C210P that’s in great shape but is missing the curtain and rings. My only option is the aisle shower which I think was a pretty ingenious plan. If I had the full bath your idea would be even better but alas I don’t. Your post came up under Dr. Google and it’s given me some great ideas even for the aisle shower. I especially like the simple idea of cutting the curtain up the middle. If anyone is still looking at this and could give me a heads up on where to get the curtain and rings I’d appreciate as I’m new to roadtrek. Thanks.
Kac533 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 12:45 AM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kac533 View Post
hello! What model is your rig? I just bought an older 1996c210p that’s in great shape but is missing the curtain and rings. My only option is the aisle shower which i think was a pretty ingenious plan. If i had the full bath your idea would be even better but alas i don’t. Your post came up under dr. Google and it’s given me some great ideas even for the aisle shower. I especially like the simple idea of cutting the curtain up the middle. If anyone is still looking at this and could give me a heads up on where to get the curtain and rings i’d appreciate as i’m new to roadtrek. Thanks.
2006 210 p
peteco is offline   Reply With Quote