Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2017, 07:07 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default stowing glasses etc at bedtime the 88¢ solution

like many I wear glasses and need a place to put them when I go to sleep.

our PW has fabric shades which have rails on the sides.

I picked up a pair of the 88¢ cotton home depot aprons which have 2 pockets. these are safety pinned to the curtains on each side and we each have a spot for glasses, phone, tv remotes etc.

mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 12:38 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Definitely not an 88 cent solution, but we love them... suitable for those whose couches / bed face solid bulkheads, Container Store low-profile magnetic wall pockets with magnetic mesh baskets placed here and there as needed (the baskets have embedded neodymiums and are quite strong). Holds glasses, wallets, small books, flashlights, TV remote, maps, purse-sized tissue packets, phones being charged, and whatever else. Because of the Sprinter body curve, we had to use a saws-all to shorten the length of the upper one before it would fit. I stuck them on the side of the cabinet with the heavy duty 3M tape - no need to drill holes.

InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 04:09 PM   #3
Platinum Member

I ordered a police utility belt and used the holders. I screwed the pouches directly to the wall to hold things like a flashlight, umbrella, bear spray, portable CB radio, small radio etc...
mojoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 11:13 AM   #4
Platinum Member

We actually DO use "BORG belts" for storage - just not at our beds. We use mini-bungee cords to strap them to the base of each cab seat to hold sunglasses, iPhones, maps, snacks, etc. It's a humorous application for us, given the amount of Class B DIY money that the Big Orange Retail Giant has extracted from us over the past few years.

InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 01:41 AM   #5

I loop mine through the hole in the seat belt latch. Zero cost and the belt pulls to easily reach them. Roadtrek Agile.
Sprinterdream is offline   Reply With Quote