Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2016, 09:35 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default sucking black tank vapours???

I'd be interested in other forum members experience with black tank vapour

My 2006 PW Lexor's previous owner at some point got under a low something or other - I am doing some projects and one of these will be working on a venturi type vapour sucker.

at present I just have the stack coming up, no cap- I assume that if there was one it got dinged -along with 1/2 the antenna.

vapor is more a concern when driving, esp if i open a window- the pressure differential seems to allow vapour intrusion- not sure from where though- the lav seal is good, there is an inch or so or water sitting.

the 2 caps I see most often are the type which will rotate with the breeze and optimise suction at the top of the stack- the other is a "universal" round caps which promises good results with wind from any direction.

and 3rd choice is I can make something - a venturi tube oriented forward which will cause a low pressure on the stack and suck vapour out while driving- and like a broken clock is right twice a day, it will work great when parked as long as the wind is parallel to the van

what say you fine people?

Mike
mkguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 09:56 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkguitar View Post
I'd be interested in other forum members experience with black tank vapour

My 2006 PW Lexor's previous owner at some point got under a low something or other - I am doing some projects and one of these will be working on a venturi type vapour sucker.

at present I just have the stack coming up, no cap- I assume that if there was one it got dinged -along with 1/2 the antenna.

vapor is more a concern when driving, esp if i open a window- the pressure differential seems to allow vapour intrusion- not sure from where though- the lav seal is good, there is an inch or so or water sitting.

the 2 caps I see most often are the type which will rotate with the breeze and optimise suction at the top of the stack- the other is a "universal" round caps which promises good results with wind from any direction.

and 3rd choice is I can make something - a venturi tube oriented forward which will cause a low pressure on the stack and suck vapour out while driving- and like a broken clock is right twice a day, it will work great when parked as long as the wind is parallel to the van

what say you fine people?
Mike

There was just a discussion somewhere on this somewhere, and it was said there is a breather to the toilet drain, which is a hole along the inside rim of the toilet just past the water inlet so it catches water to fill the trap. Apparently they can dry out or get the trap sucked clean by the airflow of driving, and then you get fumes leaking into the van. Apparently they don't use them any more, and the recommendation was to just silicone the hole shut.

We have just a cut off pipe coming out the roof on our Roadtrek and have not gotten smell while driving, or sitting, to this point.
booster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 11:07 PM   #3
Platinum Member

I recently replaced the flush valve on the aqua magic- there is a 'stub" for that function on the valve. by default it is sealed.
nib on the end can be cut off to enable this- but that was not the case on the old valve or on my replacement.

having seen that post, I had a pretty good look into the lav from all angles...including below and didn;t see anything like was described.

i took the time with some nice rubber gloves to give the whole thing a nice soapy bucket wash.

thanks, mike
Old 08-27-2016, 11:28 PM   #4
BBQ
Platinum Member

Google 360 vent

BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 11:30 PM   #5
BBQ
Platinum Member

BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 11:40 PM   #6
Platinum Member

yes wondering between the 360 and the cyclone

mike
Old 08-30-2016, 12:15 AM   #7
Platinum Member

I went with the 360, after doing the install, I must admit we are very happy with it, works exactly as described, theres a video on their website that I found to be helpfull, easy to install with clear directions,,,,, hope this helps,,,,,,,,,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160402_153118.jpg (158.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 20160402_153232.jpg (206.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 20160402_153155.jpg (126.7 KB, 10 views)
peppster66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 02:16 AM   #8
Platinum Member

Yes, thanks! a personal recommendation is what I needed to make the decision.

it's on it's way...

Mike