Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2018, 05:12 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Totaled T1N-based RV now at auction, could be your project!

For those who may be thinking, "I'd love to DIY a van but I don't know where I'd buy [this or that]..."

How would this be for a project? A participant on another forum had her 2006 Sprinter-based rig totaled in a collision. The engine compartment is nonexistent and the frame is probably too bent to work with, but the upfit components (cabinetry and appliances) appear to be usable. Someone doing a DIY conversion on a T1N might be able to get the remains of this thing on the cheap and transfer much of it to another van body. It does have those relatively rare Atwood jack-knife couches that some of us value very highly, and the Airstream cabinetry is good quality.

I'm cross-posting this in a number of locations because a few of us are hoping that we can track these mortal van remains, and perhaps watch someone else's improved version take shape, building on this source with better insulation, better electrical, etc. It's a long shot, but what the heck - no harm in posting.

Here is the auction site:

https://www.copart.com/lot/35603058/
InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote