Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-08-2019, 05:19 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Travato 59K water filter access hatch

Anybody that can provide me with pics and position-dimensions of the hatch and plastic bin that is now standard in the latest Travato 59K driver side deck, I sure would appreciate it. If there are other owners that do their own Winterizing/water filter element changing, you know the side cabinet hatch is difficult to use for the filter change without making a mess.

Cutting the hole in the Froli equipped deck will be easy but will require a router to make the "step" for the bin and the removable hatch to sit on. The bin, or as WINNEBAGO calls it, the "compartment, part number 322664-01-01a (updated #) can be bought. However, the price for that plastic bin is ahh, breathtaking. A well known dealer says it will take 3-4 weeks to acquire as a spare/replacement part for the low price of $110.80. Plus shipping. Ouch.

But the deck modification itself to have the hatch-hole access to the filter (and the various plumbing valves) instead of the awkward side hatch access will be worth doing whether or not a compartment-bin is dropped in.

Of course the hole including the stepped surface for the bin and/or just the hatch lid to sit on does not have to match the exact dimensions WB used if you never plan to use the factory bin. You might even locate a similar bin that has the same kind of flat or flat-enough lip to work with the deck & hatch opening you cut. WB engineered the entire result to work with the Froli spring arrangement. I prefer to make my deck cut out with its stepped surface routing and hatch lid to the same dimensions.

Anybody that can provide some sharp, high resolution pics and exact hole and step position-dimensions from their 2020 Travato 59K/KL, I would really appreciate it.

Gene / StorysRVwego

Misc: I caught a blip from FITRV where James added some finger holes to the bin so a screwdriver is not required to pick the bin out of the hole. Unless WB has started doing this, this would be an obvious modification to any bin that I/we might use. I might have asked him for the above detail pics and info but I do not have the social media accounts he uses for contact.
Attached Images
File Type: png Travato 59k bed hatch access bin_1.png (19.6 KB, 16 views)
Storysrvwego is offline   Reply With Quote