Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2017, 06:21 PM   #21
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
Just because Camping World bought a Roadtrek dealership in Grand Rapids wouldn't necessarily give them the right to sell Roadtrek RVs anywhere else. I imagine Roadtrek's contract with American RV spelled out where they were allowed to sell Roadtreks (and for how long), and Camping World would still be bound by that.
It's actually just the opposite. I know nothing regarding the details regarding Camping World but currently any Roadtrek dealer can sell a Roadtrek coach to anyone anywhere and include delivery to their door in the deal. They are not limited to sales within a defined territory. But until now, RT hasn't created new dealerships potentially in the backyard of an existing dealership.
cruising7388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 05:27 AM   #22
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruising7388 View Post
But until now, RT hasn't created new dealerships potentially in the backyard of an existing dealership.
That's what I was getting at. Customers are free to buy their RVs from any dealer in the country, but the dealers aren't necessarily free to open new dealerships wherever they want. So the fact that Camping World bought American RV doesn't necessarily allow them to start selling Roadtreks at every other Camping World.
Old 07-28-2017, 11:00 PM   #23
Platinum Member

Camping World also just bought an on-line retailer.
http://www.retaildive.com/news/campi...-house/448034/

- - Mike
2012 Sprinter 3500 Extended converted B-Van by Airstream
Old 03-08-2018, 03:03 PM   #24
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
I agree. Lemonis has said in the past that the real value of Camping World is "selling warranties, insurance, roadside assistance, service, parts". And he's also said to Good Sam members, "it is my intention to provide you special offers and exclusive savings through Overton’s boating and Gander Mountain outdoor specialty stores and online sites. This new benefit will be rolled into your Good Sam Club membership".

So I think these acquisitions are about making the Good Sam membership more attractive and getting access to potential new members at the same time.
What is the general opinion of Sam's Club? does the annual fee warrant the savings at camping world? Roughly how much discount can one expect from campground stays, obviously it depends on what is purchased from camping world but does it compare with say prices on same products on Amazon with free shipping and sometimes no tax? Just wondering to shell out $27 per year which these days is not much at all.
Old 03-08-2018, 04:16 PM   #25
Platinum Member

Generally you get 10% off on campgrounds but when campgrounds offer those kind of deals they offer the same for AAA card holders, veterans, etc. When a campground gives those offers I open my wallet and joke if I can camp for free combining all my cards. Damn, but they only offer one discount every time.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 04:59 PM   #26
Gold Member

Thanks for the update, I am a member of AAA so I guess Sam's club is just not worth the addition for me.