Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-17-2017, 06:50 PM   #551
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmchugh View Post
This is only Sprinter Class B sales, so you will not be counting Promaster sales by Roadtrek and Winnebago.
A very good point, I missed that. So Promaster is penetrating the B market well.

George.
__________________

__________________
George
2013 Sprinter VOILA
https://goo.gl/photos/2NCR3teXLSwNYSwN8
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 11:46 PM   #552
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Southern AB, CAN
Posts: 154
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmchugh View Post
This is only Sprinter Class B sales, so you will not be counting Promaster sales by Roadtrek and Winnebago.
That was my first thought - #1 Class B diesel on MB chassis - kind of limits who is in the running.
__________________

Marley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 01:35 AM   #553
Platinum Member
 
wincrasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Greer, South Carolina
Posts: 2,057
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeRa View Post
A very good point, I missed that. So Promaster is penetrating the B market well.

George.
Ya think? All of Hymer/Roadtrek's gains have been on the Promaster lines. ALL of the Hymer production is on Promasters and probably will be going forward.

Parsing the numbers further would be an interesting exercise. So far only WGO has committed to Transit B's, but I haven't heard what share of production they will be. My guess is potentially 1/3 or more once they have a couple different floor plans to choose from. If that lifts their share only time will tell.
__________________
2016 Winnebago Travato 59K, 2017 Tiffin Allegro 32SA
Follow my blog: http://www.wincrasher.blogspot.com
Our Facebook group is: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ClassBCamperVans/
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 04:11 PM   #554
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 823
Default

They are asking 97k for this. I don't know if this is something to compete with the Travato, or a half-hearted attempt to have a "budget" model, with options that come standard on the Travato. MSRP to MSRP, a new Travato costs 90-92k, comes with a generator, tanks, and decent sleeping space.

I'm hoping Hymer can compete price-wise with Winnebago, because it would be nice to see some decent "B"s that are not in the 100k range, but I just have a feeling this appears to be a half-hearted attempt to feel out the market.
mlts22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 04:19 AM   #555
Platinum Member
 
wincrasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Greer, South Carolina
Posts: 2,057
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlts22 View Post
They are asking 97k for this. I don't know if this is something to compete with the Travato, or a half-hearted attempt to have a "budget" model, with options that come standard on the Travato. MSRP to MSRP, a new Travato costs 90-92k, comes with a generator, tanks, and decent sleeping space.

I'm hoping Hymer can compete price-wise with Winnebago, because it would be nice to see some decent "B"s that are not in the 100k range, but I just have a feeling this appears to be a half-hearted attempt to feel out the market.
Don't forget that the margins are different for these companies - WGO discounts 25-27% typically, and RT/Hymer is 10-15% typically. So that gap is widened a bit more than what you see in the MSRP's.
__________________

__________________
2016 Winnebago Travato 59K, 2017 Tiffin Allegro 32SA
Follow my blog: http://www.wincrasher.blogspot.com
Our Facebook group is: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ClassBCamperVans/
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 11:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.