Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-24-2019, 03:18 AM   #1
Platinum Member

Default New Roadtrek Web Site

The new Roadtrek company website is up and working. It appears to be much the same as the old site with updated product offerings. It includes a dealer locatorr and a service locator based on your zip code.
RossWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 01:33 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Still a work in progress... hopefully. Still has some of the errors of the old RT site. I found it funny that their homepage is the Simplicity... which they have discontinued.

And the product video on the Zion page is also a Simplicity.

It isn't clear that all of the dealers will still be dealers, but for those traveling with issues, it may help to direct them to find service. Rapido is currently having a big meet up with dealers in Indiana. The first "official" dealer is Sunshine State in FLorida.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
mumkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 09:24 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Is Roadtrek selling parts again to dealers? I need some very Roadtrek specific parts like some replacement fiberglass skirting.

Also, how did they fix the second row seating flaw disclosed during receivership for models like the RS? Can I get the fix for my 2013 RS?
Knit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 12:20 PM   #4
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumkin View Post
Still a work in progress... hopefully.
For sure. For giggles I looked at the Build Your Own for Zion SRT and found some issues:
  • On the options page it mentions 200W solar panels for the Weekender Package, 470W for the Explorer, and 300W in the caption below.
  • The Explorer Package says Ecotrek 800 while the caption and everything else says Ecotrek 400.
  • My favorite, though, is the Diesel Alde on the Explorer Package - a neat trick on the gasoline ProMaster.

I started looking into RVs after the EHGNA bankruptcy so I have not really looked into any RT model and have nothing to fall back on historically. Based on this I have no clue what they are selling, and I'm not sure they know either.
Old 10-02-2019, 12:47 PM   #5
Platinum Member

I guess we can cut them some slack... since they are not selling anything yet, the web page is not a priority. I suspect that all the errors you mention were there under EHGNA. People were asking for it to be up again to have access to the old manuals, helpful videos, and the dealer list (for service help while traveling)

Basically they just removed the models that are not going to be produced and updated addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
Old 10-02-2019, 02:48 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:
Also, how did they fix the second row seating flaw disclosed during receivership for models like the RS? Can I get the fix for my 2013 RS?
As far as I know, they have not actually started manufacturing again. The timeframe for that was sometime this month. The Rapido exec who gave that timeframe also said they are working on a retrofit for the seats. I would check with one of their dealers on both parts and what units are going to be available in the near term.

There have been rumors of a diesel Ram in North America, so perhaps a diesel Zion is part of Roadtrek's future plans. I believe Rapido does build on the Ram diesel chassis in Europe. More likely its just a mistake on the web site.
RossWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 02:01 PM   #7
Platinum Member

There was already a diesel Ram in the NA in 2014, and it was such a disaster for FCA that they apparently no longer sell it. A good reason that converters have avoided them. There are already lots of Sprinter models from various builders. I see no need for more diesel options.

What I see a need for is more gas choices under 20 ft.
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
Old 10-06-2019, 10:01 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossWilliams View Post
As far as I know, they have not actually started manufacturing again. The timeframe for that was sometime this month. The Rapido exec who gave that timeframe also said they are working on a retrofit for the seats. I would check with one of their dealers on both parts and what units are going to be available in the near term.
We visited a dealer last week looking for a new RV and wanting to trade our CS Adventurous in. That's where we first heard about the recall because of the seat bolts. Dealer seemed to be confident that it would be settled in the next two weeks. Hoping.
Jillie is offline   Reply With Quote