Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-13-2019, 04:32 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Thor selects Jones for Hymer cost cutting

Thor Industries has appointed Troy Jones, currently president of the Dutchmen towables division, to oversee cost cutting and integration efforts at their newly acquired Erwin Hymer Group (EHG) division.

"I am excited to work with our new partners at EHG to realize the operational efficiencies that we have already identified as we begin our integration efforts. I look forward to sharing best practices between companies, capturing business synergies, and driving increased global awareness of the Thor brand as we expand in Europe,” James commented.

James will assume his role effective immediately, and relocate to Germany to lead the post-acquisition integration of EHG. Keystone RV veteran Kyle Kwasny will replace James in the president's role at Dutchmen.

RV Business - 2/13/2019

note: this is NOT the Erwin Hymer North American operations currently under discussion for accounting irregularities.
rockymtnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 09:45 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockymtnb View Post
Thor Industries has appointed Troy Jones, currently president of the Dutchmen towables division, to oversee cost cutting and integration efforts at their newly acquired Erwin Hymer Group (EHG) division.

"I am excited to work with our new partners at EHG to realize the operational efficiencies that we have already identified as we begin our integration efforts. I look forward to sharing best practices between companies, capturing business synergies, and driving increased global awareness of the Thor brand as we expand in Europe,” James commented.

James will assume his role effective immediately, and relocate to Germany to lead the post-acquisition integration of EHG. Keystone RV veteran Kyle Kwasny will replace James in the president's role at Dutchmen.

RV Business - 2/13/2019

note: this is NOT the Erwin Hymer North American operations currently under discussion for accounting irregularities.
Let the cost cutting begin...
gregmchugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 10:09 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmchugh View Post
Let the cost cutting begin...
Let the cutting begin as long as it results in the NA market getting some of that Thor European RV product love before I retire.

ClassB4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 12:25 AM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
I look forward to sharing best practices between companies, capturing business synergies, and driving increased global awareness of the Thor brand
Business speak translations below

Quote:
I look forward to sharing best practices between companies
Translation - We are going to steal your good ideas and force what we thing are good ideas down your throat.

Quote:
capturing business synergies,
Translation - Layoff's for redundant positions. Who needs two accounting teams?

Quote:
driving increased global awareness of the Thor brand
Translation - Everything will now be labelled as Thor, and if we really need to use the old brand it will be stylized as below

Erwin Hymer By Thor
Bruceper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 03:03 AM   #5
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassB4Me View Post
Let the cutting begin as long as it results in the NA market getting some of that Thor European RV product love before I retire.

Yikes! It was looking good until 3:00 into the video. Then they revealed the side-saddle gasoline tank (outside the protection of the frame).
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 10:08 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowiebowie View Post
Yikes! It was looking good until 3:00 into the video. Then they revealed the side-saddle gasoline tank (outside the protection of the frame).
Not really an issue with Diesel. Consider all the transport trucks out there and they don't seem to worry about it.
NedQuick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 12:12 AM   #7
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedQuick View Post
Not really an issue with Diesel. Consider all the transport trucks out there and they don't seem to worry about it.

Welcome to the forum NedQuick!

I agree diesel is somewhat safer, but their video says "gas tank".
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 01:06 AM   #8
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowiebowie View Post

Welcome to the forum NedQuick!

I agree diesel is somewhat safer, but their video says "gas tank".
I'd say that is the propane tank. Most of the English speaking world calls propane gas. What we call gasoline is known as petrol. Funnny thing diesel is just diesel.