flat floor in bath area permits composting toilet if desired
3.5 liter, Ecoboost V6 gas engine
6-speed automatic overdrive transmission
sizeable holding tanks
compressor-driven refrigerator
available 100-watt solar charging system
two standard group 31 AGM house batteries
2.8kW Onan generator
designed for extended season use with fresh water tank is mounted inside the heated area of the coach along with all of the supply lines.
passenger cab seat swivels creating access to a pull-up table that can be used as a lounge or work-space.
armless electric-powered patio awning includes a wind sensor exterior speakers can be paired to smart phone
available bike rack
available ladder
new roof rack design allows for easy reposition of crossbars – no tools required.
rear and side doors offer screen doors to let fresh air in while keeping annoyances out

There's also a topic here: http://www.classbforum.com/forums/f7...aseo-5785.html

Two bikes on sliding cargo box: https://www.classbforum.com/forums/m...icture206.html & 1997 GMC Savana 6.5L Turbo Diesel Custom Camper Van Specifications: https://www.classbforum.com/forums/f...vana-5864.html
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 07:33 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bobojay

Should note that the pic is of a 2016 chassis. The 2017's will be a different color as the display model's color is discontinued by Ford.
Sort of a lighter charcoal color will be the only choice initially

Past RV's: 2013 WGO ERA 70A, Chevy PW Lexor
Itasca Navion, 29' Jayco 5th Wheel
bobojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 01:43 PM   #3
Platinum Member

The WGO is updated their website with all the info, including the correct color.

I like the layout and many of the features, including the strong engine.

Not keen on the short wheelbase (140") and the odd looking proportions.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 07:11 PM   #4
Bronze Member

The starting MSRP seems pretty high when compared to the Travato...$24K more for the Paseo. Prices are from the WGO website.

Paseo: $114,988
Travato: $90,910
bobcat66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 08:00 PM   #5
Gold Member

I would not pay that much. I could buy a Wonder from Leisure Travel Vans for less than what a Paseo costs. Leisure Travel Vans - Wonder
Viperml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 08:40 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Don't forget that WGO products usually trade for 25-27% off MSRP. LTV usually for 10-15, unless it's a hot model, then it's 0.

And if the build quality and materials are like what I saw at Hershey on it and their other products, then I'd take a pass.
Old 09-24-2016, 09:18 PM   #7
Gold Member

I would definitely take a Leisure Travel Van over a Winnebago in this situation any day. Wonder has a starting base amount lower than Winnebago. Factor in other things such as Leisure Travel Vans better quality and better resale value it makes it an easy decision for me.
Viperml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 09:23 PM   #8
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher View Post
Don't forget that WGO products usually trade for 25-27% off MSRP. LTV usually for 10-15, unless it's a hot model, then it's 0.

And if the build quality and materials are like what I saw at Hershey on it and their other products, then I'd take a pass.
Re build quality and materials, does this describe WGO or LTV, or both?
cruising7388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 10:06 PM   #9
Platinum Member

Go look at the LTV's today.

The cabinetry is all vinyl coated particle board. Lots of sharp edges. Most of the cabinet doors were those push to open type clasps that will last a week or so. They had to put stickers on the doors so you'd know where to push.

They are not the quality build they used to be. Probably have changed things so they can pump out more RVs.

I think they are living on past glory and their customers largely haven't caught on yet.

WGO has made alot of improvements on the interior of the new Era. They continue to move them up-market. The Paseo has wood cabinetry. Travato is using laminated doors, and vinyl coated plywood cabinets, but then again they are the low price leader.

If you want to see something that is appallingly cheaply built, take a look at the new Roadtrek Simplicity. I was really shocked when I went thru it.
Old 09-24-2016, 11:52 PM   #10
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincrasher View Post
Go look at the LTV's today.

The cabinetry is all vinyl coated particle board. Lots of sharp edges. Most of the cabinet doors were those push to open type clasps that will last a week or so. They had to put stickers on the doors so you'd know where to push.

They are not the quality build they used to be. Probably have changed things so they can pump out more RVs.

I think they are living on past glory and their customers largely haven't caught on yet.

WGO has made alot of improvements on the interior of the new Era. They continue to move them up-market. The Paseo has wood cabinetry. Travato is using laminated doors, and vinyl coated plywood cabinets, but then again they are the low price leader.

If you want to see something that is appallingly cheaply built, take a look at the new Roadtrek Simplicity. I was really shocked when I went thru it.
About two years ago I was considering getting a used 2013 LTV Serenity but it was already sold. But I stayed in touch with the owner. He sold the Serenity and bought the more recently released Unity coach and even then he concluded that the build quality on the Unity was not up to the Serenity build. It will be interesting to see if the LTV Transit Wonder continues down that quality spiral.

Judging by the internet surfing I've done, I don't think their production has markedly increased. They did shut down their Class B and their Chevy production to concentrate on the Sprinter B+ and now the Transit coaches but I don't think their total production has increased much and some deliveries require waiting close to a year. Ironically, when you think about it, if there is someone out there waiting to buy everything they build and wait for it at that, maintaining quality, price and value is of little if any concern to the builder if product degradation doesn't impact demand. Kind of reminds me of a wake up call I got over half a century ago when I was working in the purchasing department of an electronics company and suggested to the owner that the department was not well set up. He looked at me for a few moments and replied: "Son, I made over two million dollars last year and now you're telling me I did it the wrong way..." When I countered that the suggested changes would make more money, he said: "Son, you need more money.... I don't"

That said, I still think that within a few years, outside of specialty builders like ARV et al, WGO will not just compete in the Class B industry - they are going to dominate it, particularly if they if they get rid of the Onans and propane and beef up the solar. Even as it's currently built, the Travato (particularly the yellow one) constitutes the canary in the coal mine... and it's chirping.

cruising7388 is offline   Reply With Quote