Class B Forums

Class B Forums (http://www.classbforum.com/forums/)
-   Winnebago Rialta and LeSharo (http://www.classbforum.com/forums/f52/)
-   -   rear window mods (http://www.classbforum.com/forums/f52/rear-window-mods-5123.html)

bigdan 06-11-2015 02:30 PM

rear window mods

Id like to modify my back window in such a way that it could open when boondocking,

reason : the rialta is quite warm without the A/C running .....

I saw a lot of RV's with this type of back window ,

anyone ever did this mod ?

thanks,

Dan ,

289cobra 08-03-2015 04:53 PM

rear window mods

If you do that you have removed the safety feature of a kick out window.

bigdan 08-06-2015 06:42 PM

rear window mods

If I keep the same type of window I dont think so ...

after all it`s a rope that is around the rubber .......

Dan

TorontoRialta 08-26-2019 11:19 PM

Rear Window Slideout

Anyone thought of building a slideout going through the gigantic rear window.

I was thinking about if somehow I could build a slideout for a twin bed instead of converting the passenger seats.

Any Ideas.

GallenH 08-26-2019 11:52 PM

Here's an interesting concept:

https://www.doubleback.co.uk

booster 08-26-2019 11:57 PM

Is there enough weight capacity left in a Rialta for big heavy stuff like that?

avanti 08-27-2019 01:43 AM

The typical solution to this is to install a zip up screen for the entire rear door. You roll it down, zip it tight, and sleep with the rear doors fully open. Just like being in the great outdoors. It is much easier than replacing the windows.

My MY2014 GWV Legend came with such a setup. It is great.

TorontoRialta 08-27-2019 03:26 AM

Double back slideout

I was thinking along those lines as doubleback. The only issue is that our Rialtaís donít have the doors that swing open at the back. We have a big rear glass that would need to be removed and channels would have to be build for slide outs. I believe that would make Rialta a perfect camper for my family of 5. I will install 3 passenger bench seat like ones from ford transit van with built in seatbelts for 3 by taking out current passenger seats. The slideout will create a double bed for the two kids.

TorontoRialta 08-27-2019 03:27 AM

I was even thinking of installing a bunk bed but Rialtas inside roof height is a issue.

TorontoRialta 08-27-2019 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avanti (Post 98608)
The typical solution to this is to install a zip up screen for the entire rear door. You roll it down, zip it tight, and sleep with the rear doors fully open. Just like being in the great outdoors. It is much easier than replacing the windows.

My MY2014 GWV Legend came with such a setup. It is great.

Our Rialta’s don’t have rear door. We have rear windshield glass that is fixed and can only be opened for emergency exit. Not sure how you put the glass back once it’s opened.

It would have been nice if it was somehow hinged. Then it would be easy to put a tent like extension.

GallenH 08-27-2019 05:23 AM

In another thread I mentioned going to Chaco Canyon in a Rav4. We had a Coleman SUV air mattress that fit the back with the seats down. Problem was there was no real headroom so we took a tent along to change clothes and store other camping gear. Made me think that if you're talking about a family of 5, an easy solution would be to have a nice tent with cots that you set up next to the RV. Kids could sleep in there and still use the bathroom in the RV, etc.

TorontoRialta 08-27-2019 09:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by GallenH (Post 98616)
In another thread I mentioned going to Chaco Canyon in a Rav4. We had a Coleman SUV air mattress that fit the back with the seats down. Problem was there was no real headroom so we took a tent along to change clothes and store other camping gear. Made me think that if you're talking about a family of 5, an easy solution would be to have a nice tent with cots that you set up next to the RV. Kids could sleep in there and still use the bathroom in the RV, etc.

Yes there are lot of other solutions but it would be cool addition to Rialta if it was easily done. Something like how itís done with hybrid trailer.