Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2008, 04:48 AM   #1
Platinum Member

Default Sewer Connections

I use Valterra's EZ Coupler line of sewer fittings.

90 degree elbow. This is actually two parts. One part stays attached to the sewer hose.

Sewer sponge ring or rubber ring. I use this to make an airtight seal.

If the connection at the campsite is threaded I use this threaded adapter instead of the sponge rubber ring.

This is a spare part (already shown connected in photo #1). I carry two of these. The threaded adapter stays on one and the rubber ring stays on the other.

With these parts, I haven't come across a campsite hookup that I can't connect to properly.

What works best for you?
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 10:03 PM   #2
Platinum Member

I've camped at a couple of campgrounds with sewer connections at the site but never hooked up to them. We are rarely parked long enough to bother and we often come and go during the day. We did dump in one before we left just like we would do at a dump station but found that less convenient than driving up to a dump station where you can line up directly with the dump hole and have water available.

It seems if you use a site dump hookup you would also have to carry those caterpillar like supports to adjust the hose to drain properly. With that and the couplers that is a lot of extra stuff to carry around in a B.

That was the long answer. The short answer is we have nothing.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 04:28 AM   #3
Bronze Member

Not being able to use the sewer connection at most campsites is the one downside of the Macerator Pump on our RT. Most campsites have the connection to the rear of the parking spot and the discharge hose is right behind the drivers door, too short to reach anything unless it is right next to it.
When it is possible I like to dump at our site so I can load up, fill the water, dump, wash up and give everything the once over, and then drive away and not have to make another stop and maybe have to wait in line.
Now that I think about it there is one more downside to the macerator
system; the tank doesn't get flushed out as good as opening that 3" valve and letting everything flow out the 3' hose.
FLSTFI is offline   Reply With Quote