Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2014, 01:59 AM   #61
Platinum Member

Default Re: Coach House Arriva V24 TB — Twin Beds — Sprinter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd
Somebody will have to educate me on Sportsmobile. There are a lot of options and you can put plans together any way you wish but I see nowhere on their site where you can install a separate shower stall in a Sprinter. All their options are wet bath options. How custom can you go? Or is it just a kit of parts they offer that you put together yourself?

actually david they will do just about anything you want-you will pay for it though. you usually find the non -wet baths in the pictures they have in the plan it yourself section.

i did see one that had the shower stall 24x24 on one side of the van-used for storage when not being used as a shower-across the way was the toilet and sink.

if you look at Sportmobiles design your own examples they show you things people had them build
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 03:12 AM   #62
Platinum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to bobojay

Slim, you might even take a look at these guys: http://www.phoenixusarv.com/

They call them class B+ but they are really C's. The 2100 & 2350 without slides are barely bigger than the Sprinter B's. Only 3" taller and 8" wider than our 24' ERA class B. The 2350 is only 6" longer, (on the Ford chassis). If we were in the market for a slightly bigger unit than ours, this is who we would probably go with.
They will work with buyers on changes to their normal floor plans within reason and are known for their high quality interiors and assembly quality.
They do build on the Sprinter chassis for their smaller units as well as the Ford....

Look at all the options out there

Past RV's: 2013 WGO ERA 70A, Chevy PW Lexor
Itasca Navion, 29' Jayco 5th Wheel
bobojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 02:21 PM   #63
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerrym51
Quote:
Somebody will have to educate me on Sportsmobile. There are a lot of options and you can put plans together any way you wish but I see nowhere on their site where you can install a separate shower stall in a Sprinter. All their options are wet bath options. How custom can you go? Or is it just a kit of parts they offer that you put together yourself?

actually david they will do just about anything you want-you will pay for it though. you usually find the non -wet baths in the pictures they have in the plan it yourself section.

i did see one that had the shower stall 24x24 on one side of the van-used for storage when not being used as a shower-across the way was the toilet and sink.

if you look at Sportmobiles design your own examples they show you things people had them build
Can you find a link showing a separate shower by Sportsmobile in a van? I looked but didn't exhaust myself looking and didn't find one. Anyway I don't think a 24" x 24" shower would cut it for me and that is one of the problems with putting a shower in a B besides eating up a tremendous amount of real estate in a B to accommodate it. My wet bath shower will be about 25" x 40".
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 02:26 PM   #64
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobojay
Slim, you might even take a look at these guys: http://www.phoenixusarv.com/

They call them class B+ but they are really C's. The 2100 & 2350 without slides are barely bigger than the Sprinter B's. Only 3" taller and 8" wider than our 24' ERA class B. The 2350 is only 6" longer, (on the Ford chassis). If we were in the market for a slightly bigger unit than ours, this is who we would probably go with.
They will work with buyers on changes to their normal floor plans within reason and are known for their high quality interiors and assembly quality.
They do build on the Sprinter chassis for their smaller units as well as the Ford....

Look at all the options out there
Bob,

Where are the plans without slides? I'm only seeing plans with slides on that website.
Old 07-17-2014, 02:46 PM   #65
Platinum Member

The are the same plans.

The slides are an option - they are buried in a premium package with a bunch of other stuff. I'm sure you could still get the other items and no slide if you wanted.

The pricing page reveals all.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 02:04 AM   #66

Quote:
Can you find a link showing a separate shower by Sportsmobile in a van?
The Sportsmobile dry bath plan can be seen here: http://www.sportsmobile.com/2_std_plans_eb.html, 6th row, 2nd col.

Actually pretty close to the Shire plan from UK mentioned here a few days ago.
rsrogers4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 03:18 AM   #67
Platinum Member

I see it now. That is a strange design, BTW. Are they serious about putting the refrigerator inside the bathroom? That bathroom kills a lot of space for a shower that is not much bigger than a wet bath shower space and having a toilet stool on the back wall doors is bizarre.

Old 07-18-2014, 10:50 AM   #68

Quote:
That is a strange design, BTW.
Agreed. In Sportsmobile's defense, they let people design their own vans using templates and the strange dry bath model is probably a customer's dream van, or what the customer thought they wanted in a dream van

I guess the point is that Sportsmobile does support totally custom designs and does support dry bathrooms. The dry bathrooms must not be requested much by their customers, though, because only one of their example plans includes a dry bathroom, and their "Design Your Own" templates only include wet baths.

rsrogers4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 01:51 PM   #69
Platinum Member

Default Coach House Arriva V24 TB — Twin Beds — Sprinter

No, you can do a dry bath with their design your own tool. You have to use the sprinter template though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 07-18-2014, 02:30 PM   #70
Platinum Member

No matter how you cut it, a B has very limited storage capacity compared to other RVs. Putting in a dry bath and separate shower chews up a lot space in a B. The paradox is a dry bath is sought for living convenience supposedly more long term but then takes away the ability to carry items along for long term.

We carry two zero-gravity lounge chairs, a screen tent, two folding tables (large and small), Dutch oven, Coleman grill and two director type chairs as a minimum for outdoor living comfort. I've analyzed all the dry bath B plans and have no clue as to how we could carry all that stuff in one other than filling the aisle inside or the bathroom space. That would be unacceptable to me. In addition to all that we plan to carry two inflatable kayaks, the paddles and life jackets, and maybe two bicycles (most likely folding but not a priority). I think I have a plan that can accomplish all that in a B without temporary move in and out storage. For all that, baby wipes are your friend.
Old 07-18-2014, 02:53 PM   #71
Platinum Member

Default Coach House Arriva V24 TB — Twin Beds — Sprinter

One of the things I thought was neat about the Euro type vans I showed you was that many have cubbies for specific items - like folding chairs. I like the idea of dedicated, or designed in spaces for certain items.

I did play around with the design tool to recreate the Shire layout on the Sprinter. I used the dry bath tools and put the shower pan in the center. I had lots of room for big cabinets in the back of the van. Looking at Sportsmobiles pictures though, all their vans look pretty crude. Doubt I'd commission a van from them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 07-18-2014, 04:24 PM   #72
Platinum Member

Quote:
No matter how you cut it, a B has very limited storage capacity compared to other RVs. Putting in a dry bath and separate shower chews up a lot space in a B. The paradox is a dry bath is sought for living convenience supposedly more long term but then takes away the ability to carry items along for long term.

We carry two zero-gravity lounge chairs, a screen tent, two folding tables (large and small), Dutch oven, Coleman grill and two director type chairs as a minimum for outdoor living comfort. I've analyzed all the dry bath B plans and have no clue as to how we could carry all that stuff in one other than filling the aisle inside or the bathroom space. That would be unacceptable to me. In addition to all that we plan to carry two inflatable kayaks, the paddles and life jackets, and maybe two bicycles (most likely folding but not a priority). I think I have a plan that can accomplish all that in a B without temporary move in and out storage. For all that, baby wipes are your friend.
Davydd-your the one who asked about dry baths- you could look at a recessed floor shower at sportsmobile

http://www.sportsmobile.com/1_baths_sr.html

if it does not go to exact picture click MORE shower choices
gerrym51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 05:28 PM   #73
Platinum Member

Interesting that the drop floor shower in the SM is mentioned. We have a Roadtrek C190P with the aisle shower which works well, but we always wondered why it is so much smaller than the drop floor is, as it could easily be twice as big with a bigger curtain and track. I would think that an area like the fold out of the way bed of a Travato would be a perfect place for a very large, curtain shower. As others have said, having all the space of a big dry shower, or even a wet one, seems an incredible waste to us in a B.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 08:16 PM   #74
Platinum Member

I didn't ask about dry baths. I've just been discussing them. I've made up my mind and preference for a wet bath as the one I had in our Pleasure-way Plateau and Great West Van Legend had plenty of room. The Advanced RV will be as good. The recessed floor shower looks to me would require more setup and take down and inconvenience a second person by splitting the van compared to a wet bath. When you have an adequate size bathroom that is all fiber glass and a surround shower curtain inside to keep the walls mostly dry it is not that difficult to use and take down. The most inconvenience is time to squeegie the floor dry before you can use the bathroom again for other duties. The Great West Van Legend has double door leafs so you can open and enclose across the van to create a private dressing and drying off room if you desire to use it that way. It is not required that you do so.

At a bare minimum if you wanted a separate shower you would be using up double the space for a separate shower and dry bath with fiber glass enclosures even if you did not have a more traditional enclosed bathroom confining behind a door a toilet, sink and shower like the Winnebago ERA 70C, LTV Free Spirit SS and the Coach House Arriva attempt to do. They are doing that for curb appeal I think but that design uses anywhere from a fourth to a third of your usable total space.

My first choice is always to use a campground shower if it is clean and adequate.