2014 Winnebago Travato

Talk about anything related to Class B RV Motorhome Camping Van Conversions here. Got a question? Know the answer? Post it all here.

Re: Winnebago Travato

Postby booster » Fri May 03, 2013 4:40 pm

For us "non big bathroom" folks, it would be really slick if it had the toilet facing the aisle right at the bath entrance, and the rest of the bathroom as storage accessible from the rear door. That would be a huge storage area.
booster
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby markopolo » Fri May 03, 2013 5:19 pm

stanw909 wrote:So far I really like it.Very versatile.I wish they would turn those front seats around.I was wondering why there is a step up to the dinette.Nice big bath for a B class.

You have a good eye for detail Stan. I missed that. The explains the ottoman at the side entrance. Looks like there is a step down from the cab to the coach portion. Which in turn explains the ProMaster's best-in-class interior ceiling height and step-in height.
markopolo
Site Admin

My RV: '97 GMC Savana 6.5L Turbo Diesel Custom Camper Van

Postby Davydd » Fri May 03, 2013 5:23 pm

Big bath? It's very narrow and you have to squeeze in at the corner. I am not sure how one sits on the toilet with the wheel well in the way.

Looking at the front I am not so sure they intend to turn the front seats around. It seems clear (unless that cab is really tight) that they had to shove the cab seats all the way forward in order to set up the table. Also, if it is a step up then the seats may be too high to sit at the table. They're pretty vague about a lot of aspects.
Davydd
2015 Advanced RV Ocean One Mercedes Benz Sprinter
Previous Class Bs:
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My RV: 2015 Advanced RV

Postby markopolo » Fri May 03, 2013 6:19 pm

mlts22 found another Winnebago Travato video :clap: link to mlts22 rv.net post

Travato Video #3 - Winnebago ERA is in the first half of the video and the Travato is in the second half.
Video - click on the play button arrow:

It is higher quality. Here are some image captures from it:

cab.jpg
cab.jpg (65.15 KiB) Viewed 3486 times

side entrance.jpg
side entrance.jpg (50.86 KiB) Viewed 3486 times

travato bathroom.jpg
travato bathroom.jpg (47.93 KiB) Viewed 3486 times

Travato bed in the up position.jpg
Travato bed in the up position.jpg (50.58 KiB) Viewed 3486 times

Travato view from rear.jpg
Travato view from rear.jpg (63.8 KiB) Viewed 3486 times
markopolo
Site Admin

Postby booster » Fri May 03, 2013 6:36 pm

In that video, it looks like the rear door has glass in it, at least from the inside. Hard to tell about from outside.
booster
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby stanw909 » Sat May 04, 2013 6:37 am

Davydd. I didn't notice the wheel well. Not good for you tall folks,but I am Mister 5X5 so I guess I was focusing on width. I look forward to seeing this rig 13 years from now when it will be in my budget and I will have found out all the good and the bad about it. I am as of right now enamored with the mid 2000's Sprinters with the great mpg and the little emissions restrictions,but tastes change.
stanw909
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My RV: Dodge B-2500, Glaval/Sportsmobile

Postby markopolo » Sun May 05, 2013 2:50 pm

I cropped and brightened the Winnebago Travato dinette photo:

Winnebago Travato dinette bed.jpg
Winnebago Travato dinette bed.jpg (30.41 KiB) Viewed 3313 times

It shows the step down into the coach area from the cab. To me, it also shows that the drivers seat height looks to be level with the dinette seat height so when the drivers seat is swiveled around to face the table top everyone is sitting at the same level.

That ottoman probably offers a good amount of storage inside and serves as a handy station to pass items in and out of the van particularly when prepping for or packing up after outdoor meals.

-------------------------------------------
Winnebago Travato quick links:
Preliminary Specifications
Main Photos, Photos 2, Photos 3, Photos 4
Videos
markopolo
Site Admin

Postby Davydd » Sun May 05, 2013 4:17 pm

After looking at the specs, unless the Travato is just a cheap bargain no on can pass up, I think the Ford Transit is going to offer better design solutions for Winnebago. But then neither Ram or Ford has anything to counter the Mercedes Benz Sprinter ERA size and configurations. The Ford Transit comes a lot closer to matching the standard body Sprinter.

Ford Transit Info

BTW, that Travato step down looks artificially pushed back as the base van looks as if the step is right behind the cab seats and I doubt the step would bisect the sliding door opening. The fact that there is a step at all is a debit design problem compared to the Transit and Sprinter that have continuous floors.

This Trakka Torino Xtra link is a PDF brochure of an Australian B based on the Fiat Ducato that has similar design features as the Travato (up front) but is vastly superior in design execution. The brochure shows the floor plan.
Davydd
Previous Class Bs:
Davydd
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby markopolo » Mon May 06, 2013 4:19 pm

More Winnebago Travato information :clap: :clap: :clap:

Remember, this is all pre-production and subject to change. :wink:

Say Hello to Value
Introducing the Travato,™ the newest Class B motorhome to join the Winnebago Touring Coach™ lineup. At 20' long,
the Travato is unbelievably agile, while still offering a full-feature RV experience that is perfect for the adventurous
explorer. The 59G, featuring the Ram ProMaster chassis, will please value-conscious enthusiasts with its amazing
fuel efficiency. With Ultraleather™ swivel cab seats, LED ceiling lights, an available Infotainment Center with Rand
McNally RV GPS, a split dinette, and an abundance of features, the Travato delivers a whole lot of fun for less.
Welcome to a new level of Class B value, style, and living.

Here are the Travato Specifications. By the tank capacities it is more geared toward touring or camping with hookups.

Winnebago Travato Specifications.jpg
Winnebago Travato Specifications.jpg (110.08 KiB) Viewed 3227 times

Here is the Winnebago Travato floorplan layout. Larger people will each have their own bed. We currently have a 51" bed so the two of us would fit in a 46" bed. The 42" second bed would be cosy for two adults but would be great for kids or a single adult.

Winnebago Travato 59G Floorplan.jpg
Winnebago Travato 59G Floorplan.jpg (54.15 KiB) Viewed 3227 times
markopolo
Site Admin

Postby Davydd » Mon May 06, 2013 6:06 pm

Not as "agile" as the Roadtrek Agile, IMO. :)
Davydd
Previous Class Bs:
Davydd
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby jrobe » Mon May 06, 2013 6:35 pm

Love the bathroom and love the exterior height. Those bench seats with the completely upright backs give me a backache though just looking at them. The only decent seats in the van are the front seats.
jrobe
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion Forum