Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-24-2014, 01:32 AM   #1
Gold Member

Default a first post - Greetings from the WET! Coast of Oregon

Hi all, just a quick first post and test of my siggy and a couple picture posts of our rig.

My wife and i have lived on the northern most tip of the west coast of Oregon since 1989 and are currently parked at a golf & rv resort in our full time rig (_link to a facebook album_).

On the "Class B" front my wife's daily driver is this little gem:

It is a 2010 Chevy 1500 AWD van that has been a combination of DIY conversion and professional cabinetry/etc by Van Specialties in Portland Oregon.

It is set up as a "Master Suite" with a full time Froli-Sleep system and rialta-type expandable bathroom/shower. This is where we spend our night-time/sleep time.

And during the day we have a second room behind the van:

This is a 15ft fiberglass trailer made by Parkliner out of North Carolina. We use it to cook/shower/entertain during the day.

A shot of the interior:

and another:

This arrangement gives us both plenty of space if on the rare occasion we find ourselves more than a hug-apart.
Both are fully self contained and have provisions for ~6 day stents off grid/road between re-stocking.

That should do it for a first-post-test
Happy Trails and C U in the forums!
Thom
Old 01-24-2014, 12:59 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Re: a first post - Greetings from the WET! Coast of Oregon

Welcome to the forum

Your setup looks very comfortable. I like the look of your van. I hadn't heard of Parkliner Travel Trailers before but will have to take a look.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 02:01 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markopolo
Welcome to the forum

Your setup looks very comfortable. I like the look of your van. I hadn't heard of Parkliner Travel Trailers before but will have to take a look.
I hadn't heard of Parkliner either. We have toyed over the years getting a small trailer to take along to places we plan on staying for a few weeks at a time. Kind of a setup base with added fresh water capacity, but not with a lot of duplicate stuff we already have in the Roadtrek. We had been considering a Safari Condo Alto, but it would be $40K to get one so that is out. I like that the Parkliner has a full compliment of cabinets, and a non-roof air conditioner. Looks to be very well done. The roof air on most small fiberglass trailers makes them too tall for most garages and raises the center of gravity. Unfortunately for us, the Parkliner is too tall, even without an AC on top at 8' 3". The garage that we would store it in has an 8' door. Bummer.

Very nice looking setup you have there. Nice to see how the trailer works with the B.

Welcome to the forum!
booster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 06:26 PM   #4
Gold Member

Hi and thx for the greetings and comments.

Yuppers on not wanting to duplicate much in the little trailer. As mentioned we use the van as a master suite. & though we can cook, shower, lounge in it we pretty much just keep it to a fancy bedroom (the froli-sleep system is amazing!).

On the Parkliner, our unit is build #35 and was _born_ last April. We had a nice fellow (from the shipping-wars thingy) deliver it from NC to our home on the Oregon Coast. We had done extensive research on trailers and this one suits our style wonderfully. The company has had some bumps in the road ramping up to get these on the road & doing business with a new company can be challenging on the nerves, but it was money well spent (~$18K delivered, built to our specs) and should be a generational trailer. One thing we have done on both van and trailer is utilized MaxxFan 5100 fans and they do a nice job keeping the interiors comfortable here in the Pacific Northwest.

Cheers,
Thom