Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2008, 02:18 AM   #1

Default New Member- 1990 Ford Falcon - A couple questions

Hello

I recently purchased a 1990 Ford Falcon. Everything is in good shape and works. Very pleased so far. Two questions. The person I bought it from went over everything with me pretty well, but it didn't come with a manual. Anybody know how to get a copy of one. I would gladly pay for it.

Also, it comes with two 10 gallon fuel tanks. Is it O.K. to switch the fuel tanks as you are driving. Forgot to ask when I picked it up. I was hoping someone here could answer that for me.

Thanks
Big Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 02:46 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Welcome to the forum Big Ying.

I'm hoping someone has the answers to your questions.

I'd like to know the answer to your dual fuel tanks question.

Re: the owner manual - maybe search eBay, Craigslist & online classified for your model then contact the seller to see if they'll make a copy of their owner manual and sell it to you. (hopefully they'll only ask you to cover postage )
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 02:52 AM   #3
Platinum Member

Also, if your RV is an Intervec Falcon there is an owners club:

http://www.intervecphoenix.org/
Old 04-01-2008, 02:57 AM   #4
Platinum Member

Forum member seraphim owns 1995 Falcon - maybe he'll have a suggestion for you. You could send him a PM or an Email - just click on his name.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:43 AM   #5

I used to have a pickup truck with three tanks on it with a three way manual valve and would switch tanks on the fly with no problem . When one would run out the engine would sputter and I would reach down and switch the valve and the engine would refire and keep on going . Now that being said , my truck was a 73 Ford and it was before shutoff switches and all the safety stuff they put on vehicles now .
RS 38-40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 11:25 PM   #6

Thanks for your help. I did try switching the fuel tanks while idling this week, and it did seem to work fine.

Hopefully, I can find a manual somewhere.
Big Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 02:54 AM   #7
Bronze Member

Default tanks

if you have a generator, it usually draws from one tank. good to know which one. if no generator...get one, it makes more oportunities available in the "boonies"

i have a dodge, (falcon 190slf) 1986. this vehicle is a tough truck. it often goes when newer ones fail. mine has no generator, but, a 2000 watt portable will do most things, not necessarily at the same time.

tip: don't let it just sit for weeks. use it for small trips and do it on the freeway once in a while. this will keep everything from sticking, rusting, molding,rotting or whatever. this way it will be ready to go whenever you are.
obiewan kanobe is offline   Reply With Quote