Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2018, 05:22 PM   #1

Default Make such a thing?

I'd like a very small Class B (so I can drive it anywhere) with these features:
2 seats up front that swivel backwards to use as living room seats - (would love them to be recliners!)
Large comfortable bed in the back (w/windows for light)
Bathroom w/ toilet, sink, shower (not a wet bath)
Kitchen w/ sink, microwave, large fridge
NO sofa
NO dinette

Do they make such a thing?
Lesliedehart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 08:20 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Much of what you describe is found in ProMaster-based class Bs. Maybe a Travato?

How small is small? Frankly, I view my Sprinter-based RV as "drive-anywhere".
rvsprinterguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 08:21 PM   #3
Platinum Member

I can't think of any Class B's with a dry bath - it takes up so much room that folks aren't willing to sacrifice other amenities to get it, even in the 24' extended body vans.

And I can't think of any that have neither a sofa nor a dinette. There are a few models with a dinette in the back that converts to a bed (Coachman's Crossfit 22D and Roadtrek's 190 Popular for starters, pretty sure there are others). You can do what I do & just leave the bed made up all the time.

You might take a look at the Winnebago Travato 59K, it probably comes close to what you're looking for, if you're willing to compromise on the dry bath.
Old 09-26-2018, 09:33 PM   #4
Platinum Member

The LTV Free Spirit SS with the slide had a dry bath, but is no longer made since 2015. The Winnebago 170m may be similar. But a dry bath is very hard to fit in a B.
Mfturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 04:47 AM   #5
Silver Member

You should look at the Coach House Arriva. It's a direct to consumer outfit. This is their only Class B, one floorplan only, based on the 24 ft Sprinter. It features a large rear bath with separate stall shower and a wardrobe, twin beds in the middle that can convert to a King, and also serve as couches, but they're really beds, kitchen with 6 cu ft 2 door 3 way fridge and convection microwave, even a pullout pantry, and a front lounge area with a fold-down table for food prep, dining, or use as a desk. Lots of windows, too. It probably ticks more of your boxes than any other B

The Winnebago ERA 170M also has a large dry bath, and tons of storage, but barely has any windows, especially when the Murphy bed is stowed. Can't think of any other B's that even come close to your specs.
mtmdatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 08:55 AM   #6
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesliedehart View Post
2 seats up front that swivel backwards to use as living room seats - (would love them to be recliners!)
NO sofa
NO dinette

According to your descriptions, I have found that some RV has the functions as you described, like Airstream class B: with twin beds, 4 wardrobe spaces, wet-bath (This means your toilet is inside the shower), and Class B’s are small).
Monica998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 08:57 AM   #7
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monica998 View Post
According to your descriptions, I have found that some RV has the functions as you described, like Airstream class B: with twin beds, 4 wardrobe spaces, wet-bath (This means your toilet is inside the shower), and Class B’s are small).
I have found the information from here: https://www.gonewiththewynns.com/best-small-rv
Monica998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 04:29 PM   #8

Sounds like a perfect description of my Roadtrek Simplicity SRT. Swivel captain chairs (no recline, but that would be real hard to find). Kitchen, bathroom , queen bed in the back, lots of storage.
Mesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 05:46 PM   #9
Platinum Member

I just recently purchased a Travato 2019 59K. It has all the features you desire except for the dry bath however the bath in the rear of the coach is large and very usable. The two “benches” in the K can be turned into a full sized bed if you desire or use them as two pretty decent sized twin beds. Tons of light, decent sized fridge, microwave/convection, very functionally galley with big sink (by B class standards). Most all the other options from the mainstream manufacturers have either a sofa in back or a dinette in front. Happy looking.
teck13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 05:54 PM   #10
g1g
Platinum Member

Look at Sportsmobile.com and you can configure your own floorplan.
g1g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 07:44 PM   #11
Bronze Member

Road Treck Agile SS ..got one, love it ..look for solar on the roof. Please make a Sprinter on also ..the 144" WB is 19.5 long and fits in any parking space, over 20 MPG . I love mine i.its my primary vehicle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesliedehart View Post
NO sofa
NO dinette

David Pouliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 08:21 PM   #12
Platinum Member

As many others will also comment, you really have to go and hang inside a short list of camper vans. Not surprisingly each has its strengths and weaknesses. For example on paper I too (like David) thought we would love the SS Agile ... and many do. We found it dark and claustrophobic inside but others find it cozy and comfortable. The bath is small and that can work if the adventurers are small. The strong pros are it is under 20 feet long and super easy to park anywhere and diesel engine delivers very good mpg. Spend time in several and drive a short list - really the only way to figure it out. Or best, if you can in your area, rent a couple.
teck13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 09:10 PM   #13
Platinum Member

Safari Condo XL Flex with electric lift permanent queen bed in back. On the Promaster or Sprinter chassis
AlexJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 10:09 PM   #14
GWO

I think I'm driving what you have in mind. It's a Ford Transit 250 cargo van which I converted to a camper van. The bed is in the back which leaves lots of room for storage, accessed from the rear. The passenger seat swivels around and I have a small table and pedestal which fit into a hole/cup in the floor. The table and pedestal can then be removed before driving away. I use a porta-potty inside a kind of closet. That way I can remove the porta-potty if I'm boondocking and set it up outside. The Ford transit comes in 3 different heights: the low is like a typical van; the high is like the Sprinter. I drive the medium height one. Good luck!
GWO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 12:48 AM   #15

A Winnebago Rialta has the characteristics you are looking for, including a dry shower. These were made from 1995-2005.
Mike
1999 Rialta HD
mikeebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 07:56 PM   #16
Bronze Member

How about The Roadtrek 170? I haven't seen anyone mention that? You could keep the rear dinette made as a bed? We have sold lot's of those!
Classic Vans is offline   Reply With Quote