Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2021, 05:29 PM   #1

Default 2 battle born 100 amph 12v Lifep04 batt for sale.

Last year, as I watched the riots, fires, and covid infection rates, I truly believed the end was, nigh. Right around March of 2021 I realized I had my first hand example of the y2k experience. I had a garage full of stored fuel, solar panels, generators and food. These where specifically designed to go into my rv, with the solar panels on the roof, but due to my line of work, I never slowed down. I discovered that if the apocalypses was happening, I wouldn't want to stop working, I don't know what that says about me. I do know that I don't need these batteries. They sit in my garage as a reminder that my wife was right. Please help me get rid of them!

12.75 x 6.875 x 9: Inches
Our 100 ah 12 volt Battle Born Battery is designed and assembled in Reno, NV. This LiFePO4 - lithium iron phosphate deep cycle battery is great for use in an RV, Boat or Off-grid power system. These can be used in 12, 24 36 and 48 volt systems. At only 29 lbs, it packs the power of a 140 lb lead acid battery and lasts 10 times longer.
Product has never been used and comes with an 8 year warranty.

Features
12 volt Drop in Lead Acid Replacement
100 amp continuous output
200 amp surge output - 30 seconds 1/2 second surge output for higher loads
8 year full replacement warranty and 2 year prorated
3000-5000 cycles - Acceptable Charging voltages 14.4 to 14.6 volts
Shipping Weight: 35 pounds
Attached Images
File Type: png batteries.png (253.1 KB, 18 views)
titus8807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 06:05 PM   #2
Platinum Member

DON'T GET RID OF THEM! (The anguished cry of a fellow prepper)

I too bought two extra Renogy 100Ah lithium batteries. My original plan was to double my van's battery capacity, but it turns out the 200Ah's we have is enough and frankly I'd rather have the precious space they'd have taken up.

But consider what I did with my two extra batteries.

I utilize them as a backup power source for my home. Along with an inverter/charger and monitor, they can power my home fridge/tv/internet and a few lights for 8 to 18 hours. They sure came in handy during the power outages during the Texas Deep Freeze this past Winter. We even used them to power an electric blanket, although our home never got below 50 degrees during our 36 hours without power. I also had the two batteries in my van to draw upon as needed.

Did I still have to run a generator to charge them? You bet. But instead of a generator buzzing away 24/7 and guzzling a lot of gas, I only had to run my generator for a few hours, twice a day. Very nice.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 07:17 PM   #3

I went with the eco flow delta, and got a harbor freight models similar to a honda.
Old 07-12-2021, 07:19 PM   #4

I am only asking 1500 for both batteries together
Old 07-18-2021, 07:10 PM   #5
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by titus8807 View Post
I am only asking 1500 for both batteries together
Just out of curiosity (because I have no need at this time) which shipping carriers are willing to handle lithium ion batteries this large? How does it need to be packaged for transport?
JeanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 07:52 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:
Last year, as I watched the riots, fires, and covid infection rates, I truly believed the end was, nigh. Right around March of 2021 I realized I had my first hand example of the y2k experience. I had a garage full of stored fuel, solar panels, generators and food. These where specifically designed to go into my rv, with the solar panels on the roof, but due to my line of work, I never slowed down. I discovered that if the apocalypses was happening, I wouldn't want to stop working, I don't know what that says about me. I do know that I don't need these batteries. They sit in my garage as a reminder that my wife was right. Please help me get rid of them!

12.75 x 6.875 x 9: Inches
Our 100 ah 12 volt Battle Born Battery is designed and assembled in Reno, NV. This LiFePO4 - lithium iron phosphate deep cycle battery is great for use in an RV, Boat or Off-grid power system. These can be used in 12, 24 36 and 48 volt systems. At only 29 lbs, it packs the power of a 140 lb lead acid battery and lasts 10 times longer.
Product has never been used and comes with an 8 year warranty.

Features
12 volt Drop in Lead Acid Replacement
100 amp continuous output
200 amp surge output - 30 seconds 1/2 second surge output for higher loads
8 year full replacement warranty and 2 year prorated
3000-5000 cycles - Acceptable Charging voltages 14.4 to 14.6 volts
Shipping Weight: 35 pounds
Be careful. I have heard shipping of these can be an issue unless one sells them routinely.
Rlum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 01:27 AM   #7

I kept all the packaging as they where shipped to me. I actually never took them out of the box they where shipped in. They have large soft styrofoam surrounding packaging. They are roughly 3 inch thick surrounding.
Old 07-19-2021, 09:40 AM   #8

Do they have the built in heater pad?
BasenjiHiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 07:16 PM   #9

No they are lithium.
Old 07-19-2021, 10:01 PM   #10
Bronze Member

Angry Wrong answer --you fail

Quote:
No they are lithium.
that's why the have heaters.
your line of work is obvious not electrical engineering.
JPMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 12:42 AM   #11
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPMcG View Post
that's why the have heaters.
your line of work is obvious not electrical engineering.
No reason to be snide. His Battleborns, like 99.999% ever produced, do not have the built-in battery heaters that are only recently being offered. In his original post he says he bought them "Last year" before heaters were even offered.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 02:21 AM   #12
Platinum Member

If you have lithium batteries inside the van you don’t need heaters while on the road as you will keep them above 32º and continue to charge them. If your batteries are outside under the van then it would be wise to heat them. My last van of 800ah of lithium kept my batteries above 41º with 10a 12v electric heating pads at all times down to -20º when on about half the time. In traveling, the batteries in operation will have an internal cell temperature anywhere from 10-20º over ambient. Few people can withstand temperatures of lower than 20º in a Class B when on the road, so your batteries are probably safe to use and charge inside or outside. If you winterize you don’t have to, in storage, heat them if you totally disconnect them. They will last through a winter better than lead acid in that state. This has been discussed many times in this forum much with panic. Heat probably is worse and being in Death Valley reaching 130º this summer would have damage lithium batteries more because the cell temperatures could probably exceed their maximum.
2011 Great West Van Legend Sprinter
2005 Pleasure-way Plateau TS Sprinter
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote