Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2018, 06:21 AM   #1

Default 2001 roadtrek 200

Here's my craigslist ad: https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/rvs...630180951.html

I will include the text, but please visit the ad for pictures.

From Craigslist ad:

I am selling 2001 Roadtrek 200
Here is a video tour of my roadtrek as well as a small driving clip:
Tour:
https://youtu.be/cN-pvA09i84
Driving clip:
https://youtu.be/m5aalQPA7LQ
This is a 3 seat version with a permanent bed. I am the second owner.
87,000 miles
Clean title
Smogged within 90 days
No mechanical issues ( It drives / brakes straight, there are no leaks, transmission and engine are butter smooth), both AC units blow ice cold.
This is the 5.7 liter version ( engineer size)
Does not come with generator
The van does not smell like anything, no one ever lived in it, I took off the toilet seal when I bought it. Interior is clean without any rips, all seats are in mint condition.
I've replaced these items in the past 2 month:
- House battery
- Shocks
- Faucet and interior water pump
- 12 inch memory foam mattress in the back ( 50x80)
- Oil
- Brake fluid
- Filled up propane
The best part about this van is that everything works ( Fantastic fan won't open at the moment, but I have the placement level, might put it in before sale ). When you come to check out the van, I can demonstrate all the house hold items in working condition, unlike most vans I've checked out before: Propane is full so 2-burner stove, thermostat, fridge will fire up. House batter is brand new and charges up easily when you drive so ALL the lights work, ventilation, both AC units blow ice cold. Water is filled up so you can test out the faucet, showers, toilet flushing. Because everything works, you can crawl under the car and inspect how dry undercarriage looks ( no leaks).

Cons:
1. As I mentioned above, the lever that raises the fantastic fan is broken ( I have a new one and should get to it if this van is not bought this weekend )
2. Passenger side step has made contact with a curb and is cracked ( does not affect anything, just an eye sore )
3. Several big paint chips on the body ( touched up but worth mentioning )

The reason I am selling is because I bought a roadtrek 170 that fits my needs better. I was originally going to take this van to Burning Man, hence all the updates.

Thanks you for visiting my ad
1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 11:14 PM   #2

/Sold - Thank you for the interest.
1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 12:13 AM   #3

I'm selling a very similar model. Would you mind sharing what you ended up getting for it? Were you able to screen out scams from people sincerely interested?

I got 15 emails within a few minutes of putting an ad on CL and I suspect most are scammers.
womat9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 07:48 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by womat9 View Post
I'm selling a very similar model. Would you mind sharing what you ended up getting for it? Were you able to screen out scams from people sincerely interested?

I got 15 emails within a few minutes of putting an ad on CL and I suspect most are scammers.
I wouldn't dismiss them all so quickly. There's a very hot market for Class B vans right now. (#vanlife)

Of course, take your precautions... I would only sell to somebody who shows up in person at a minimum.