Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-30-2024, 04:15 PM   #1

Default 2003 Roadtrek 190 Popular- For Sale?

Hello,

My wife and I are buying a house and sadly considering selling our 2003 RT 190 Popular. Our model is the one without the 3rd seat behind the passenger seat, instead they used that space as an additional cabinets for storage.

My question is, does anyone have advice where to look to find a comparable vehicle so I can get a ballpark price for what I should ask for it? I’ve been searching but not found our exact model. I know it’s highly sought after, one day after we bought it, I had two notes left on the windshield asking to call them if I was interested in selling it. That was 4 years ago, wish I kept their numbers lol

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
JG
IsThisThingOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 04:21 PM   #2

Default How do you Post a message?

How do you Post a message?

I can not find a NEW Post button??

Is is buried somewhere on the profile Page??

Thank You for any help.
Logun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 04:48 PM   #3

Default New post

Go to the forum you want to post in, click New Thread, you’ll be asked to login again then you can post under that forum. It took me a minute too to figure it out.
Old 03-30-2024, 04:50 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsThisThingOn View Post
Hello,

My wife and I are buying a house and sadly considering selling our 2003 RT 190 Popular. Our model is the one without the 3rd seat behind the passenger seat, instead they used that space as an additional cabinets for storage.

My question is, does anyone have advice where to look to find a comparable vehicle so I can get a ballpark price for what I should ask for it? I’ve been searching but not found our exact model. I know it’s highly sought after, one day after we bought it, I had two notes left on the windshield asking to call them if I was interested in selling it. That was 4 years ago, wish I kept their numbers lol

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
JG

You can look at ebay to see the sold and completed listing and get some idea of what prices they sold at or didn't sell.

Roadtrek international will have quite few listings (you can list it there for free also) and you can see what others are asking for their vans. They also list sold items but unfortunately don't show the sale price.

Based on what I have been seeing on various sites, the selling price for the Chevies have fallen back into near the prices that you would expect to be by now, as the pandemic insanity pricing is nearing being over. Some sellers haven't realized it yet and adjusted their price, though, so you will see some high ones.

Depending on if it is on a 2002 or 2003 chassis (difference generation of Express van big differences are in the engine being 6.0 LS engine in 2003 and up, and the front suspension. The doghouse will also be a bit smaller in the 2002 and earlier because they could get an 8.1L in them then.

My guess, without more knowledge of the van would be in the low to mid $30sK range. During the pandemic they were up over $50K many places.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 05:13 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by booster View Post
You can look at ebay to see the sold and completed listing and get some idea of what prices they sold at or didn't sell.

Roadtrek international will have quite few listings (you can list it there for free also) and you can see what others are asking for their vans. They also list sold items but unfortunately don't show the sale price.

Based on what I have been seeing on various sites, the selling price for the Chevies have fallen back into near the prices that you would expect to be by now, as the pandemic insanity pricing is nearing being over. Some sellers haven't realized it yet and adjusted their price, though, so you will see some high ones.

Depending on if it is on a 2002 or 2003 chassis (difference generation of Express van big differences are in the engine being 6.0 LS engine in 2003 and up, and the front suspension. The doghouse will also be a bit smaller in the 2002 and earlier because they could get an 8.1L in them then.

My guess, without more knowledge of the van would be in the low to mid $30sK range. During the pandemic they were up over $50K many places.
This is all helpful Booster. I appreciate it. Lee me know if you want to buy a Roadtrek ��
Old 03-30-2024, 07:38 PM   #6
Bronze Member

FWIW, I recently purchased a 2006 (4 years newer) 190 Popular with 62k miles for $38.5k in Pismo Beach. A bit more than I hoped to pay, but in So Cal the market isn't flooded with Roadtrek vehicles near me (Santa Barbara). The thought of driving into/through LA is never enticing, and the bay area is 4-5 hours away. The van I bought seems in very good condition for a 18 year old van. Sort of wish it had a generator, but we'll be retired in a month and can select travel season appropriately.

I narrowed on a Roadtrek 190, 200, or 210 popular just to narrow the field, and also felt it was a higher quality build based on what I have read.

There was a '99 van with I think 45k miles for on it in Ventura for $27K that I was 2nd in line for. Didn't get to see it as first in line bought it. I thought that was perhaps under market value, and location wise would have been very nice.
sbslider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 09:42 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsThisThingOn View Post
This is all helpful Booster. I appreciate it. Lee me know if you want to buy a Roadtrek ��

We already have a 2007 190P that we bought new, so were fine.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2003 roadtrek 190 p, class b, for sale, pricing