Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2020, 09:16 PM   #1

Default For Sale: 1987 Dodge Xplorer 228

Hi all. I am selling a 1987 Dodge Xplorer 228 project that I recently acquired. I've determined that it needs more than I can give it and it would be better in other hands. It needs a few things, but the main one is a transmission. The former owner likely overheated it and it either needs replacement or rebuild. There are body and paint needs as well, but the interior looks pretty good. The shower, stove, and toilet all work. The fridge and heater are unknowns at this point. Anyway, it needs to go immediately as it is sitting at a shop and I'm paying storage. Will need towing from Daly City, CA. $500/obo. I just want it to go to someone who wants to continue the project.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/rvs...160575329.html
Skyroof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 02:53 AM   #2

It's sold. I hope the new owner fixes and uses it well. Thanks all.
Skyroof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 03:25 AM   #3
Platinum Member

You made them a great deal. My parents had a nearly identical '84 model that sparked my interest in class b's. It took over 30 yrs. before it got my own "b" and now I understand why they got so much enjoyment out of theirs.

That being said, I understand the daunting task of restoring a older motorhome. I've had to do so much to my '2012 that if I had to face it all at once, I'm not sure I could have handled it. But things have spread themselves out where it has always kept me busy, but never too much for me to handle. Now, if everything just stays fixed . . .

Keep in touch if you get something else down the road.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
xplorer dodge class b