Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-21-2020, 08:13 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default For Sale: TrippLite Inverter/Charger

I am selling a TrippLite Model RV750UL Inverter-Charger that was original equipment on my 2006 Roadtrek. This unit is fully functional but no longer sufficient for my needs.

I replaced the unit for two primary reasons, neither of which represents any deficiency in the unit.

First: The inverter side of this unit produce a modified sine wave alternating current. Many newer appliances and other devices are not tolerant of modified sine wave AC so I sought to upgrade to a pure sine wave inverter.

Second: The Tripplites have some feature inherent in their design that is not liked by household Ground Fault Circuit Interrupt (GFCI) outlets, causing them to trip. This is not an actual fault in the unit, I understand it is related to some surge protection circuitry inherent in the TrippLite design on some models. This is a problem for me because I often find myself parking in a friend's driveway and seeking power from an exterior GFCI protected outlet. This unit has no problem plugged into a regular (non-GFCI) outlet or 30 amp campground service.

Since it is perfectly functional within these design limitations, I am offering it for sale rather than sending it to a landfill. It actually is a very good 3-stage battery charger and has done a good job in that regard.

I do not have the remote switch or cable for turning the inverter on from another location. These should be available from TrippLite.

The Charger is offered for $50 plus shipping, and is located in Springfield VA (22151). It weighs approx 18lbs and the box would be approx 10"x10"x10".

110v In and Out pigtales and plug adapters are included
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1221201542.jpg (235.8 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 1221201527a.jpg (203.7 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 1221201525.jpg (231.8 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 1221201525_HDR.jpg (225.4 KB, 13 views)
engnrsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 12:11 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Default Price Correction

I apologize but I made a typo, the price on this item is $150, not $50.

That is well under the going rate on Ebay for the same model. It is also listed on Ebay at https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tripp-Lite-...t/143894414021
Old 12-24-2020, 07:55 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Default No longer for sale

My daughter and son in law are restoring a Clark Cortez from the 60s and will use this inverter in the project.
Old 12-27-2020, 04:15 PM   #4
otr
Gold Member

I updated my 2000 RT 190v with one, completely meets my needs. Mounted it in the back under the seats just behind the electrical panels.
otr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 08:04 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by otr View Post
I updated my 2000 RT 190v with one, completely meets my needs. Mounted it in the back under the seats just behind the electrical panels.
Hi, which unit did you replace this with. I have same and need to upgrade!
Goldfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 11:02 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Just info if you've got that issue of tripping a household gfci outlet....

We keep our 2010 RT in a garage with same type outlets and I also had the issue of tripping the outlet when plugging in the van just to keep the batteries charged.

After some searching I found a post describing why the GFI circuitry trips and suggested first turning on the inverter before plugging the van into the garage outlet. Battery panel switch on first of course. Our van has a separate inverter on/off switch by the battery panel. Inverter is set on auto.

I did this and it worked. After plugging in the van I wait to hear the front battery separator connect. I can then turn the inverter off and the van stays connected with no issues . I've checked the inverter itself, no problems and functions fine.

I've done this over a year now and can also run the fridge overnight before leaving. Outlet barely gets warm.
TX-Trek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 07:42 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldfish View Post
Hi, which unit did you replace this with. I have same and need to upgrade!
See my detailed post on the inverter upgrade.
Old 06-01-2021, 07:58 PM   #8
Platinum Member

Default Not sure about the GFCI issue...

I recently had the GFCI issue recur after removal of the Tripplite. I found that a combination power strip/USB power supply was actually wired from the factory with neutral and hot reversed. Not sure this would give a GFCI fault but fixed anyway.

I tried isolating various 110 circuits and found that when I manually trip the GFCI outlet under rear passenger seat the fault goes away. No idea why this is. Basically all the passenger side 110 are downstream (load) from this one GFCI outlet (except TV/DVD outlet). When I leave that GFCI tripped the van can take shore power from a GFCI with no problem.