Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-18-2009, 06:03 PM   #1

Default Looking for Opinions on this one?

I found this one on Craig's list and was looking for any opinions from the pro's.
Honestly, I would rather a B190 about 15-16yrs old with a towing package already installed.
I'm in S. Louisiana and would like to drive thru to Seattle. A Diesel would be great. If you see something, please send it to me.

Road Trek, Dodge Ram 350, 190 Series, Versatile $8750.00
http://batonrouge.craigslist.org/rvs/1380185691.html

thanks ...

Michael
mbmalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 07:51 PM   #2
g1g
Platinum Member

Default Re: Looking for Opinions on this one?

I haven't shoped around since I bought mine (yes I got it used) I paid almost twice as much but one third the miles and a couple years newer. based off that I think the price may be OK for what it is BUT I always question the mileage and maintanence. If the engine or tranny is about gone it is not worth it. Keep in mind all the suspension and drive train has wear & tear also does everything work? If everything is in top shape and will not be breaking down I would call it a steal but in reality something will need repair even if it is new. The question remains will you have to do work on it soon and what will it cost? If it ends up only a couple thousand I think I would go for it.
g1g is offline   Reply With Quote