Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-11-2020, 03:42 PM   #1

Default Replacment window 1999 roadtrek 190

Half my rear side window fell off and its getting cold where can i find replacement parts, or are there rv junk yards
Kryssstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 07:08 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Hopefully, you still have the bottom half of the hinge that was attached to the window.

As far as I know, individual parts are not available.

You can go to a glass company and have them cut a new piece. Use the other window and trace it to make a template. If you have a piece of glass made, bring it to an auto glass company and have them glue the hinge on. they use a primer on the glass and a windshield adhesive. I had mine done this way. You can also consider Lexan instead of glass.

Do a search on this board about replacing the rear window glass. Lots of good posts and suggestions.
Old 10-12-2020, 03:54 AM   #3

Default Thank you

That helps
Old 10-12-2020, 11:30 PM   #4

Ok so i talked to a glass manufactur and the window has a curve they can't or won't replecate. Called around still no luck
Old 10-19-2020, 11:38 PM   #5
Platinum Member

Automotive Replacement and Repair Products from C.R. Laurence-CRL Look at the CRL 'All-Glass' Look 33-3/8" x 19-1/8" Crank Out Van Window.. Will that fit?
wny-pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 05:29 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Also see https://van.life/ They purchased the remaining replacement glass inventory for limited Dodge and Chevy Roadtrek vans.....
wny-pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 06:47 PM   #7
Platinum Member

Half my rear side window fell off and its getting cold where can i find replacement parts, or are there rv junk yards

Try www.dkhardware.com....they have a large assortment.
Old 10-22-2020, 04:46 PM   #8
Bronze Member

Default replacement window kits

Ask your question on this Facebook Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/1483...90824/?__cft__[0]=AZWePXEi11gCUueatUiB5_J_HvhGFv0aL4LnDYSeGgHjPe2zv 00AYSuL_NgsbKP0ItOBBURhn_bBDOThrPNY9JFvTzcyGlgtSDQ aXA9Vopj28A3jPy7zlNJ0bYJSmu1hMqAFKbZZOjd5obygA7Ijp knMdJHunVm_O3pQ2yr-cadHIGHNLD_8PVyRv4UJHsnYbTuKJGRTuFsn7URz4hIrF_iUZV 52MCOGko5kvvp8Z8FOsg&__tn__=-UC%2CP-R

Jack Wood'74-'04 Roadtrek Owners - Vintage & Classic years
Feb 25 · '74-'04 Roadtrek...
· …new batch of CR Laurence frameless window replacement ready to be shipped out! Made out of highly durable and impact resistant 1/4" acrylic plexiglass. Up to 40 times more impact resistant than the stock CRL window. These windows are made so they won't fall off and you
Boyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 10:39 PM   #9

Default Roadtrek replacement windows

I also recommend that you search for Jack Wood on the Facebook group called '74-'04 Roadtrek Owners - Vintage & classic years. He not only makes replacement windows, but has a better mounting system.
Hal K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 11:36 PM   #10
Gold Member

Default Replacement rear side window option

The lower section of fold out CR Lawrence rear side windows fall out over time.
Consider cutting a piece of tinted Plexi Glass to size and connecting it to the remaing upper window with black Endura tape or Flex Seal tape.
If a neat job is done it looks surprisingly normal and I was able to rig the crank out fuction to work.
This allowed us to complere our cross country travels and have Sunshine Sate RVs in Gainesville Florida to install a permanent replacement (not CL Lawerence) by cutting a bit of sheet metal away. Sunshine State RVs knows Roadtreks -
BJ - 3rd Roadtrek - out touring
Bjones7788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 06:29 PM   #11

Not sure if you solved your problem yet, but I was able to purchase the opening read side window from Van Life last August but it came in too late and I was already on the road heading to Vancouver Island. Things got busy and too cold so I will be looking at getting it installed soon.
teknosorus@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote