Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2019, 01:58 AM   #1
Bronze Member

Default Roadtrek Center Aisle Carpet That Will Fit the 190 Popular

Hi, I am looking for the center aisle carpet for the 190 Popular Roadtrek. If you have one you are not needing, I am very interested. Unfortunately, the mechanic who serviced our generator walked on our carpet with grease covered boots and there was no way to save it.
MrMyagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 02:01 AM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMyagi View Post
Hi, I am looking for the center aisle carpet for the 190 Popular Roadtrek. If you have one you are not needing, I am very interested. Unfortunately, the mechanic who serviced our generator walked on our carpet with grease covered boots and there was no way to save it.

I am pretty sure we still have our never used one stored in our crawlspace, along with barely used front carpet mats.

What part of the country are you in? We are in Minnesota
booster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 04:48 AM   #3
Bronze Member

I would love to purchase all of those from you and pay shipping. Our front mat on the driver side was destroyed by the oil on his boots but I never thought someone would have a spare set available so I didn't put it in the original message. We are near Sedona right now but will be in Wyoming shortly. We certainly need those items very much!
Old 04-16-2019, 12:21 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
I would love to purchase all of those from you and pay shipping. Our front mat on the driver side was destroyed by the oil on his boots but I never thought someone would have a spare set available so I didn't put it in the original message. We are near Sedona right now but will be in Wyoming shortly. We certainly need those items very much!

I will dig them out today and see how they look. I haven't had them unrolled in years, as they are from 2007. Will get some pix.
Old 04-16-2019, 01:15 PM   #5
Bronze Member

Sounds good. Our RT is a 2007. Sounds like it was meant to be. Thanks for the help!
Old 04-16-2019, 02:34 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Here are some pix of the mats. The center aisle piece does appear to be unused and have never been unrolled I think as it had the trimming fuzz still rolled up in it. The front mats look good, with a small spot on the middle one and lightly dirty small area on the passenger one. We have some super good spot cleaner so I will clean those spots which should come out pretty well.

How does $35 plus shipping sound?

This look like what you need?

Spots came out nicely, look good.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg van carpet cab RH and LH.jpg (467.3 KB, 130 views)
File Type: jpg van carpet cab middle.jpg (400.3 KB, 127 views)
File Type: jpg van carpet coach.jpg (454.7 KB, 132 views)
Old 04-17-2019, 12:24 AM   #7
Bronze Member

Those look absolutely perfect! Thank you. Please let me know the total and how you would like to be paid. PayPal, check, whatever. I appreciate the effort you put out to get these to us.
Old 04-17-2019, 12:33 AM   #8
Platinum Member

Quote:
Those look absolutely perfect! Thank you. Please let me know the total and how you would like to be paid. PayPal, check, whatever. I appreciate the effort you put out to get these to us.

Probably best if you just private message me your full name and address and I will get these to UPS and out. Once I get a total, I will PM you with amount and a phone number reference for you to pay my Paypal account, and will also give you the tracking number.

I am hoping they will take them rolled up tight and wrapped in stretch wrap plastic so we don't have to get a big box for them, but we will see what UPS says about that. It is not like even they could break them.
Old 04-21-2019, 11:44 PM   #9
Platinum Member

I took out ALL carpet from my Class B and replaced it with flexible vinyl/wood planks..MUCH easier to keep clean...carpet is nasty, traps everything...
NFRicaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 12:27 AM   #10
Platinum Member

Hey Booster, what did you replace your mats with?
peteco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 12:39 AM   #11
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRicaS View Post
I took out ALL carpet from my Class B and replaced it with flexible vinyl/wood planks..MUCH easier to keep clean...carpet is nasty, traps everything...
The entire center aisle on a RT 190 Popular is a molded composite unit that doubles as a shower extension with a drain in the middle. I didn't know RT made a carpet mat to fit. I just bought a length of runner at Home Depot and had the ends bound. The carpet helps keep it from getting scratched and accumulating ground-in dirt, which could make a mess if you use it for a shower. It also makes the floor quieter and warmer underfoot. We have an indoors no-shoes policy, which applies at home and on the road.

The only permanent carpet is in the front cockpit, where the floor pan is not flat, and the raised rear seating/bed area, where there is hardly enough of it to be worth changing to something else, though I guess you could.
Old 04-22-2019, 12:43 AM   #12
Bud
Platinum Member

"We have an indoors no-shoes policy, which applies at home and on the road."

Me too in the B, unless I'm just going right in for a second (turf first). At home if I had life to do over again, home too.
Bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 12:44 AM   #13
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteco View Post
Hey Booster, what did you replace your mats with?

I stripped out both the front down to the Chevy steel floor, and rear down to the plywood. There were these removable mats, than a layer of the same carpet material glued down on top of the original Chevy vinyl mat and with their pad under it. It was quite a thick layer.

In the front I put down a layer of stick on foil faced Hushmat type material, then a 1/2" of fabric sound and padding material, and topped it with a commercial entry mat material which is a rubber backed, low loop, scrubable mat like you would see at a business entrance inside the door.

In the back I used the same mat material but stuck it down to the plywood directly.

On the drop floor, where really most of traffic and dirt collects, we got a couple of rubber backed bath mats that actually fit very well. They are machine washable, so we can just throw them in a washer to clean them even while traveling so very convenient.

We also have stuck down "Waterhog" mats on the entrance steps for the cab and coach which clean shoes well and sweep off easily.

For us, it seems to be a good balance of clean and convenient, bu this kind of stuff is very personal preference influenced so we all do it differently, I think.