Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2023, 04:06 PM   #1

Default wanted

Hello, haven't been here for a while. We just bought a used 2012 Roadtrek 190 popular and would to like to find a wardrobe to replace third seat...any suggestions other than Canada. we live in Florida. looking forward to traveling again.
nessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 05:21 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nessie View Post
Hello, haven't been here for a while. We just bought a used 2012 Roadtrek 190 popular and would to like to find a wardrobe to replace third seat...any suggestions other than Canada. we live in Florida. looking forward to traveling again.

Any local cabinet shop should be able to build you one just the way you want it.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 07:44 PM   #3
Bronze Member

I dummied one up, used to for a year or so, making changes per wifey & myself...all for the better....I left the shelf above it intact, below it several inches is now a flat non-slip surface that is the top of the cabinet & serves as (pigeon hole style) storage and charging place for laptops, phones, etc...I attached a power strip to the wall below that existing shelf......the very bottom of the cabinet is storage for the biggest "milk crate" I could find (McMaster, I believe)....in the middle will be (1) large or (2) small full extension slide drawers with recessed drawer pulls.
gpdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 08:32 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by nessie View Post
The people that redid ours got some cabinets at IKEA. They work great.
zehren@charter.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 09:09 PM   #5
Bronze Member

'lil further on the cabinet making....it is my thought that Roadtrek did it right in the cabinetry dept....very well made of high quality materials....and the beating & banging that goes on during even a simple jaunt down the coast, must less the rugged, miserable side roads in Quebec would seem to bear that out....just sayin'
gpdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 10:07 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpdc View Post
'lil further on the cabinet making....it is my thought that Roadtrek did it right in the cabinetry dept....very well made of high quality materials....and the beating & banging that goes on during even a simple jaunt down the coast, must less the rugged, miserable side roads in Quebec would seem to bear that out....just sayin'

I guess I would not be able to agree with this 100% based on our 07 190p on a Chevy.

The "light" plywood they use is indeed light, which is needed, but it is also very light in strength when it comes to holding screws. We have had stripped and pulling out screws in multiple places. Many corners are also just held together with corner blocks and staples. The plywood can't be glued in the corners or other joints because the veneer is vinyl so the glue won't stick well. I have had to add t-nuts a couple of places where they can be used and also corner blocks with screws though from the outside instead of stapled from the inside. The vinyl ages differently than the wood so mismatches badly after a few years, even worse than when it was new.

We got our 190 new and wouldn't want anything else, but there are some things about it that were not done very well. Cabinetry and wiring are a couple of them.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 03:21 PM   #7
Platinum Member

[QUOTE=booster;
... The "light" plywood they use is indeed light, which is needed, but it is also very light in strength when it comes to holding screws. ... We got our 190 new and wouldn't want anything else, but there are some things about it that were not done very well. ... [/QUOTE]

Agreed; upon returning from a 2015 Alaska trek, we had one of the cabinets on our 2012 RT Ranger replaced under warranty.
Sensfan is offline   Reply With Quote