Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-03-2019, 05:53 PM   #1

Default WANTED: Captains seats for 2006 Chevy Roadtrek

Hi there:
I’m in need of a pair of captains seats for a 2006 Chevy Roadtrek Versatile 190. We haven’t actually purchased or even seen the Roadtrek. But I do know two cabinets currently occupy the space where the seats traditionally go. I have received confirmation that the Roadtrek includes a seatbelt where one of the captains seats go. But the seller isn’t sure about the other. Does anyone out there have any wisdom on this?
ChristianKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 05:59 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianKnight View Post
Hi there:
I’m in need of a pair of captains seats for a 2006 Chevy Roadtrek Versatile 190. We haven’t actually purchased or even seen the Roadtrek. But I do know two cabinets currently occupy the space where the seats traditionally go. I have received confirmation that the Roadtrek includes a seatbelt where one of the captains seats go. But the seller isn’t sure about the other. Does anyone out there have any wisdom on this?

If you don't plan on ever needing the cabinets, your best best is probably to put them up for swap plus some cash as many posted looking for those cabinets. That way you would be able to get the removed seats from the donor vehicle with all the belts and mountings besides.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 09:53 PM   #3

That's a good tip. Yes, I have no plans to use the cabinets and would be satisfied with a straight across trade.
ChristianKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 10:08 PM   #4
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianKnight View Post
That's a good tip. Yes, I have no plans to use the cabinets and would be satisfied with a straight across trade.

You should be able to put an ad on the Roadtrek International website for free and probably get the best response.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 04:17 AM   #5
Platinum Member

You do know you sleep crosswise in a versatile?
Those cabinets are extremely valuable to many owners.

Personally I would look a little longer for the model equipped exactly as I want, seats and generator, for example.
hbn7hj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 04:57 AM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbn7hj View Post
You do know you sleep crosswise in a versatile?
Those cabinets are extremely valuable to many owners.

Personally I would look a little longer for the model equipped exactly as I want, seats and generator, for example.
I did not know about the transverse sleeping set up in the 190 Versitile. The OP needs to give your recommendations a lot of thought. It probably means the bed is only 68" or 69" wide. Too short for anyone over 5'8" to stretch out.

If the transverse bed is not a "deal-killer", consider the Airstream Avenue Lounge. Most have the two extra captains chairs up front.

https://www.rvtrader.com/Airstream-A...1&vrsn=results

Airstream also made a few Avenue Suite models (like mine) that have a 76" longitudinal bed like the Roadtrek 190 Popular. Mine will hold 3 belted passengers in the rear. But dash A/C on a hot day might not keep passengers cool enough without running A/C on generator while driving, whereas they should be fine in seats just behind the driver in the Lounge. Regardless of the Avenue model, all have a generator as standard eqipment.
rowiebowie is offline   Reply With Quote