Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2022, 02:53 PM   #21
Site Team

Sounds like a bad chassis ground to me. Often several devices share a single ground point, so when one goes bad (e.g. due to corrosion), you can get bizarre combinations of devices failing at once.

In fact, sometimes it is worse than that: The ground could be lost, but the devices could remain connected together. This can lead to backfeeds of current, sometimes producing bizarre symptoms.

You can test this theory by providing a temporary ground to the failing devices.
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 08:52 PM   #22

I found it was a fuse panel. It wass\ mislabelled as refridgerator. The 4th one from the right is burnt and the connection is bad. Now, the challenge is where I can buy that panel.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fuse panel.jpg (181.6 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg fuse-panel-maker.jpg (216.0 KB, 8 views)
BrianK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 12:02 PM   #23
Platinum Member

Disconnect all 12v power and remove the wire from #4. You should be able to strip the wire and reinsert into the hole. What could have happened is that the screw holding the wire was loose and created heat to burn the wire. Check the tightness of all the screws holding the wires. This has happened to automatic transfer switches in the pass, mine was loose and appeared somewhat burnt.
mloganusda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 12:41 PM   #24
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianK View Post
I found it was a fuse panel. It wass\ mislabelled as refridgerator. The 4th one from the right is burnt and the connection is bad. Now, the challenge is where I can buy that panel.

Taking a close look at the picture blown up, it appears that the wire connection piece has come loose from the board. It is likely, based on the fact that the fuse holders don't appear to be connected to the wire connections, that it is a circuit board with conducting traces on the back side that all the parts go through and solder to.

It is likely that the wire holder in question has melted out the solder and some of the fiberglass and probably is disconnected from the trace on the back side. If you know an electronic tech or computer geek, they may be able to fix it by bypassing the trace with a wire directly to the wire holder. I have done quite a few old circuit board fixes that way. The best way would probably just to see if the board has a manufacturer and part number on it and do a search for it. If you can't find one, you probably would be able to get one from Winnie. If they are not available anywhere, a suitable replacement would need to found and fitted.

DON'T just strip and reinstall the wire without getting the board off to see what is going on or you will have it happen again or even cause a fire.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 04:00 PM   #25

Winnebago says the part is not available anymore. However, thanks to your suggestions, an idea hit me. The ninth slot is for TV which I removed a long time ago. (I download the movies from netflix to watch on the load.) It is the same 15 AMP slot. So I can move that wire to tv one from the 4th. Do you think it will work?
Old 09-16-2022, 04:55 PM   #26
Platinum Member

Yes, using a different slot would work just fine.
jakegw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 05:30 PM   #27
Platinum Member

It should be fine as long as it is the same rating. Sometimes those circuit boards have different size conductor traces for high and low current outputs, but if the same rating that would be a smart move.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 03:04 AM   #28

I switched the line and it still does not work. Looks like there is a problem on the line somewhere. I will have to trace it.