Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-14-2021, 01:52 PM   #1
Platinum Member

Default NHTSA Recall: 21V942 Winnebago Ekko

NHTSA Campaign Number: 21V942000

Manufacturer Winnebago Industries, Inc.

Shower and Sink Drainage System May Leak
An electrical short increases the risk of a fire.

Components EQUIPMENT

Potential Number of Units Affected 401

Summary

Winnebago Industries, Inc. (Winnebago) is recalling certain 2022 Ekko vehicles. The shower and sink drainage system may leak and allow water to infiltrate nearby electrical components, which could cause an electrical short.

Remedy

Dealers will replace the shower and sink drainage pump system, free of charge. Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed February 3, 2022. Owners may contact Winnebago customer service at 1-641-585-6939 or 1-800-537-1885. Winnebago's number for this recall is 165.

Notes

Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.nhtsa.gov.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 02:09 PM   #2
Site Team

Is it just my imagination, or is NHTSA paying more attention to RVs these days?
avanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 02:14 PM   #3
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by avanti View Post
Is it just my imagination, or is NHTSA paying more attention to RVs these days?

If they aren't they probably should be with all the shoddy builds we seem to hear about all the time. Of course it could be the shear number of new RVs out there in the last two years, and newbie owners that aren't accustomed to having stuff show up with as much stuff that needs to be fixed. NHTSA is probably hearing from more folks because of it all.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 05:18 PM   #4
Platinum Member

There will be more recalls than posted on the forum for sure. I only get email alerts for Roadtrek and for Winnebago & both alerts were set up several years ago.
markopolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 09:14 PM   #5

I’m curious what is considered a reasonable amount of time to have this recall fixed? My EKKO has been at the dealers for service since March 31st. They received a defective part and are awaiting replacement. I called Winnebago and was told the part is currently unavailable.
Manxtales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 10:53 PM   #6
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manxtales View Post
I知 curious what is considered a reasonable amount of time to have this recall fixed? My EKKO has been at the dealers for service since March 31st. They received a defective part and are awaiting replacement. I called Winnebago and was told the part is currently unavailable.
What is the part?, no substitute?
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2022, 11:02 PM   #7

Default Reply to GeorgeRa

Today 10:53 PM
GeorgeRa
Quote:
I知 curious what is considered a reasonable amount of time to have this recall fixed? My EKKO has been at the dealers for service since March 31st. They received a defective part and are awaiting replacement. I called Winnebago and was told the part is currently unavailable.

It is related to the pump not activate from the shower drain and it is a defective replacement switch.
Old 04-29-2022, 11:13 PM   #8
Platinum Member

Quote:
GeorgeRa
Quote:

It is related to the pump not activate from the shower drain and it is a defective replacement switch.
This is a quick search for a sensor https://www.google.com/search?q=mari...h=1289&dpr=1.5

I could fix it in 2 days, one day for ordering a substitute. This type of shower drain system is often use on boats. Unfortunately for an RV shop this could be a rocket science level.
GeorgeRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2022, 06:50 PM   #9

Default EKKO Recall

Quote:
GeorgeRa
Quote:

This is a quick search for a sensor https://www.google.com/search?q=mari...h=1289&dpr=1.5

I could fix it in 2 days, one day for ordering a substitute. This type of shower drain system is often use on boats. Unfortunately for an RV shop this could be a rocket science level.

My husband was a Commercial Fisherman for decades, I bet he knows how to fix it. It痴 still at the service department at the dealers. I知 thinking that they have to do the fix to satisfy the recall demands.