Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-11-2021, 06:35 AM   #1

Default Will you prepare a protable power station for RVs?

Will you prepare a protable power station for RVs? I am thinking about these brands and hope to give some comments.
Like:Zendure Superbase Pro,Bluetti AC200P,Jackery EX 2000
hobotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 05:43 PM   #2
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobotech View Post
Will you prepare a protable power station for RVs? I am thinking about these brands and hope to give some comments.

They have been discussed on here. I think the integration to get them charged and discharging to the things you want might be the more inconvenient part, plus a place to put it.

Equivalent to about 175ah battery.
booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 03:58 PM   #3
Platinum Member

I've been using a Goal Zero Yeti 500x as an additional power supply, but without any effort to integrate it into my van's electrical system. I use it to power an IceCo chest refrigerator/freezer.
rvsprinterguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 04:09 PM   #4

I've got some lithiums and an inverter and 3 ways to charge them. From the alternator and ac. The third way is from a home made generator. Lawnmower engine and an alternator run from propane. Decided not to get a store bought generator because I already have an inverter. And most generators are gas driven which brings in several problems. My little solution was fun to make, cost me about $100. It's relatively light and quiet and will run for 2 daze on a 20 pound tank. The output is limited to 30 amps because I put it through a B2B.
Stinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 04:58 PM   #5

Quote:
Energy storage should be an over arching goal. It's 2021. Think reduced pollution. If you say lithium (why use other?) how will they fit environmentally ? Recycle eventually ? If you say generator, are you saying air pollution w/carbon fuel? What about DC/DC charging while your driving/alternators? Two birds with one stone, but still an environmental question. Answer the question of how you'll act confronted with uncomfortable reality of climate. We're a very small percentage of the world - people that can afford recreational vehicles. 1%easy. Maybe 1/2%?

Me? I decided to use the least carbon fuel possible and use batteries for lighting, cooking, phones,, wi-fi, Bluetooth, etc. Hopefully the batteries'll be recycled in 10 years.
Stewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 05:53 PM   #6
Silver Member

Default Solar Generator?

Quote:
1st Question: Are you HOBOTECH from YouTube? If so, this is Ray from Health Travelers. If you are not HOBOTECH from YouTube, you should follow his videos just for the information for which you are searching.

To answer the question as I perceive it: as a frequent boondocker, I believe in redundancy, especially in matters of power. I do use a Bluetti EB240 Portable Solar Generator. I also have an Onan 2500 LP generator that is built into my Pleasure-Way. When I don't want to disturb anyone at night, I'm more likely to use the solar generator after my on-board lithiums start to become depleted. I use a 300wh suitcase solar for charging both the house batteries and the Bluetti. Since I relocated my home base to Florida from Nevada, I find that the number of overcast days can be considerably more in the Southeast then the Southwest and find the Bluetti very useful. When the lithiums and solar generator deplete then my final backup is the Onan. The cost is the unit cost + weight (just under 50lbs.)

Hope this is the response requested.

Ray B.
2012 Pleasure-Way Plateau TD
Ormond-by-the-Sea, Florida
Ray B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 11:28 AM   #7

I'm not a millennial and I'm not running my show with some far distant future possibility as the overriding consideration. My home made genni is emergency use and rare. I think propane is less of a problem than gas or diesel. The lithiums I have will still be going strong when I'm touring heaven.
Old 11-19-2021, 02:35 PM   #8
Silver Member

Default Back up Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky View Post
I'm not a millennial and I'm not running my show with some far distant future possibility as the overriding consideration. My home made genni is emergency use and rare. I think propane is less of a problem than gas or diesel. The lithiums I have will still be going strong when I'm touring heaven.
My birthdate is 8/10/52, so I'm not a millennial either. If you're out in the boonies you almost can't have enough power. I have 2 Battleborns as my main power source; backup #1 is my solar generator because it runs as a quiet, independent system and backup #2 is my LP generator which is very useful here in Florida as there can be days where the clouds/rain obscure the useful rays of the sun to replenish the lithiums and the solar generator. Solar generation is a good backup for most of us, and a useful main power system for the "poop in a bucket" types who build out their own vans.

Ray B.
Ray B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 05:06 PM   #9

I don't park and live out of my van so it's moving all the time. Sometimes I disconnect the coach batteries from the alternator just to let them drain a bit. Otherwise they would spend all their lives over 80%.